Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Evan Fitzner to IU

4 hours ago, dyedinthewool said:

Senior leadership is one of the attributes he brings this year. He seems to have a high Hoops IQ as well. Our lack of size inside will not be an issue this season. Can you imagine the competitive practices this summer? Do we have a better outside threat than Fitzner tlhis year? His decision to transfer was based largely on the fact he was relegated to a sixth man role after starting his first two years. The big question is, can he work his way into a starters role on a very talented team at IU? His GPA might have been another factor in CAM extending an offer. 

I think another factor in his transferring is that they changed their style of play to something that didn't fit his skill-set as well. He wanted to get on a team that was much more aligned with the way he likes to play the game. He wants a team that is a little less Virginia on offense.

49 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I still feel this guy could start. He was a starter on the team two years they were ranked 34 and 15 in kenpom. Hes no slouch as a player and certainly fills a need.

Imagine how many open 3s hes going to get with Romeo and Morgan.  

I agree.  IMO Moore isn't going to be a significant contributor (purely a gut feeling) and Archie's comments last night at the Huber Winery event didn't give me a lot of comfort that we can rely too heavily on De'Ron until maybe in the latter half of the B1G season.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I agree.  IMO Moore isn't going to be a significant contributor (purely a gut feeling) and Archie's comments last night at the Huber Winery event didn't give me a lot of comfort that we can rely too heavily on De'Ron until maybe in the latter half of the B1G season.

Or Race.

2 hours ago, A.j. Nigh said:

??

"Race... needs to evolve his game and improve his skills, but I think he's going to be a guy who will help us win games in his Career."

Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't sound like that means he'll be too impactful in his 1st season.

2 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Well yeah Fitzner is going to start. I’ll go with Phinisee, Romeo, Smith, Juwan and Fitzner. Outside chance of Jerome starting in place of Smith

I agree about Fitzner starting. My guess: Green, Romeo, Juwan, Smith & Fitzner. 

On 6/2/2018 at 11:25 AM, Hoosier Guy said:

Well yeah Fitzner is going to start. I’ll go with Phinisee, Romeo, Smith, Juwan and Fitzner. Outside chance of Jerome starting in place of Smith

Oh I hope not.... If we are starting 4 guys that weren't on the team last year I really don't think that would be good.... We are not that team...

I think Fitzner could start, and Romeo is all but a given.... other than that the other 3 can't be new to the team... not with the system Archie installs and I know it will be easier to learn for the new freshmen that are a "blank slate" but still....

53 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

Oh I hope not.... If we are starting 4 guys that weren't on the team last year I really don't think that would be good.... We are not that team...

I think Fitzner could start, and Romeo is all but a given.... other than that the other 3 can't be new to the team... not with the system Archie installs and I know it will be easier to learn for the new freshmen that are a "blank slate" but still....

That’s why I said outside chance of Jerome starting in place of Smith. I think Smith should start. He showed a lot towards the end of last season. He should be rewarded for that. And I like the idea of a senior front court with Juwan and Fitzner. I think that would pay dividends. I know it didn’t work out that way last season with the senior back court. However, Juwan and Fitzner are smarter players than Newkirk and RoJo. We’ll see what happens