Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Evan Fitzner to IU

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

I watched the game against Washington and I'm intrigued. The guy can play and is way more skilled than Davis so we'll see what happens.

I guess I need to see him play a little more but saying Fitzner is more skilled than a high 4 star player might be a stretch.

I think that this thread is well worth the time to read:
St Mary's has a nice, substantive message board with a 31 post thread about Evan Fitzner and his potential transfer. Good insight as to his talents and weaknesses. As a bonus, barely-remembered Hoosier-to St. Mary's player Ben Allen gets name-checked!
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/godisagael/fitzner-t8395.html?sid=9b2e5766900ba750299f0687fb0e533b

I never understood the Allen transfer.I thought he was going to be a really good player for us.Wasn't that when Samscum took the reigns?

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

47 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I guess I need to see him play a little more but saying Fitzner is more skilled than a high 4 star player might be a stretch.

Right, Davis is a pretty skilled guy with solid post moves, imo. His weakness is athleticism.

I've only seen a few clips of Fitzner, but I am already confident he'll be more successful then DD hedging on the ball and playing outside the lane.

I also can see Fitzner starting at the 5 beginning the year. I'm doubtful Davis is healthy enough or anyone else is experienced enough, since I don't think Juwan will play Center regularly.  

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Davis isn't a high 4 star. He's a slow-footed JR coming off a major injury and has no outside shot and is limited physically. 

Davis is a high 4 star, hes just not fit for this system.  He still shot over 60% last year.  In the right system Davis would be a beast.  And hopefully he can change his game enough to be a beast in Archies

31 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

I never understood the Allen transfer.I thought he was going to be a really good player for us.Wasn't that when Samscum took the reigns?

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

Samsung tried to make him a 6' 10" big, BA wanted to be a 6' 10" small forward...

Something to keep an eye on; I don't think it was until August when Ben announced he was transferring.

I'm just unfamiliar with them? who are they? 
Indianapolis sports talk radio, FM 97.5 in the PM. Schultz is an IU grad, definitely knows basketball as well as any other ardent IUBB fan would. Query is substantially embedded in all things Indiana sports (calls Indycar races on IMS Radio for example), and also knows basketball as well as any other born-and-raised Hoosier. So, all that considered, either that was a bad interview or the St. Mary's poster is off-target.

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Davis is a high 4 star, hes just not fit for this system.  He still shot over 60% last year.  In the right system Davis would be a beast.  And hopefully he can change his game enough to be a beast in Archies

your rankings go by the wayside once you step foot on campus. I honestly do not care where he was ranked... I have no idea what system he would need to play for to be a beast? He's too slow for the way basketball is played now and he almost never has anyone he can guard. Do "high 4 stars" usually avg 7 and 4 during their first two years and only play 15mins a game? He was incorrectly ranked, especially with the way the game is played now. 

He shot 60% because the only shots he takes are ones that a layup. He has zero jumpshot. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

your rankings go by the wayside once you step foot on campus. I honestly do not care where he was ranked... I have no idea what system he would need to play for to be a beast? He's too slow for the way basketball is played now and he almost never has anyone he can guard. Do "high 4 stars" usually avg 7 and 4 during their first two years and only play 15mins a game? He was incorrectly ranked, especially with the way the game is played now. 

He shot 60% because the only shots he takes are ones that a layup. He has zero jumpshot. 

You really like to change history to fit the current narrative.  Davis' freshman year was impressive enough to have extremely high hopes by both this board and the media.  And despite being hampered by an injury he still had a 28.6 PER which while a flawed stat is still pretty eye popping. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

You really like to change history to fit the current narrative.  Davis' freshman year was impressive enough to have extremely high hopes by both this board and the media.  And despite being hampered by an injury he still had a 28.6 PER which while a flawed stat is still pretty eye popping. 

change history? I don't have the ability to change history, unfortunately. I did have somewhat high hopes for him, I guess... but it's obvious defensively he is just a complete liability. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

change history? I don't have the ability to change history, unfortunately. I did have somewhat high hopes for him, I guess... but it's obvious defensively he is just a complete liability. 

In archies system yes.  In a different system he could be a beast

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Any number of them.  A defense that doesn't rely on him to be as mobile for example.  Something that plays a straight man to man for example. 

We play only a man to man.