Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Evan Fitzner to IU

Has the Archie was at Jankos story been confirmed by anyone else? I remember seeing that post then the Langfords said all the coaches were at home watching and finding out then.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

An Indy star article about the Langford commitment confirmed the story.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Welcome to the Hoosiers—Evan! A very solid pick up. Some posters wanted another big and some posters wanted another shooter. We just got both! A 6’10” kid that shoots 3’s at over a 40 percent clip. Win-win. Well done—Archie!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 hours ago, rebelcc said:

Link to full game against Washington in this year's NIT.  Fitzner scored 20 and had 6 boards in 30 minutes.  Looks pretty solid.

Moves really well without the ball. Has a nose for it on the defensive glass. Very very smooth stroke. I’m impressed. He’s going to really help. 

Hey Chris or anyone else who might know, are we really involved with Wichita State transfer Austin Reeves? He is not a grad-transfer and they have not had a coaching change so he would have to sit for a year and be available in 2019. He is a point guard and an excellent three point shooter. Someone earlier in this thread said IU was mentioned with him.

3 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Combined with solid to above average defense? I'll take those numbers in a heart-beat!

None of our options at Center are likely going to be all B1G, just need it not to be a glaring weakness, IMO.  

ETA: basically exactly what HoosierAloha said

Great minds think alike, right...?  If our center(s) can be an = instead of a - we will be just fine. 

1 hour ago, mike vannice said:

Hey Chris or anyone else who might know, are we really involved with Wichita State transfer Austin Reeves? He is not a grad-transfer and they have not had a coaching change so he would have to sit for a year and be available in 2019. He is a point guard and an excellent three point shooter. Someone earlier in this thread said IU was mentioned with him.

Not unless someone transfers.

6 hours ago, rebelcc said:

Link to full game against Washington in this year's NIT.  Fitzner scored 20 and had 6 boards in 30 minutes.  Looks pretty solid.

6 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Can I get the cliff notes version?

3 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

Moves really well without the ball. Has a nose for it on the defensive glass. Very very smooth stroke. I’m impressed. He’s going to really help. 

Trav is right. I’ll add: he’s in the right place at the right time on both ends.

He’s thin, and he’s not a five. More of a 3/4. Now, it’ll still help insure against Davis coming along slowly; depth there makes it easier to slide another frontcourt player to five. Besides, even aside from Davis, Morgan and Smith do much of their best work near the hoop, so a spacing frontcourt player is a good thing.

in this game specifically, he doesn’t start either half, but UW is playing a 2-3 zone, and he hardly comes out after entering. He plays at the foul line and makes good reads just about every time down.

The recent Hoosier he most resembles is maybe 2014-2016 Collin Hartman. It’s not a perfect comparison, especially given their physical differences, but sophomore and junior Hartman was a really helpful player on a couple good teams.

I like that it was reported Evan likes Archie’s pack line defense. He will also draw another team’s big out of the lane because they will have to respect his shooting which will allow Romeo-Devonte-Al-Robert-Juwan —etc. to drive the lane.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I could see him being a starter. While I think PER is far from perfect as a stat he has a respectable PER  And he fills a need on both ends. Perhaps Clifton can surpass him would love to see it but I could really see this guy starting. 

Great work Archie and staff. 

I don’t see him as a starter unless Davis is not healthy and Morgan doesn’t come back. 

13 hours ago, mike vannice said:

I read somewhere that IU has checked up on him. They do a lot of work screening players to see if it's a fit or not. So I'm sure they made some calls. 

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't see how he won't play ahead of Davis

I watched the game against Washington and I'm intrigued. The guy can play and is way more skilled than Davis so we'll see what happens.

I think that this thread is well worth the time to read:

St Mary's has a nice, substantive message board with a 31 post thread about Evan Fitzner and his potential transfer. Good insight as to his talents and weaknesses. As a bonus, barely-remembered Hoosier-to St. Mary's player Ben Allen gets name-checked!

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/godisagael/fitzner-t8395.html?sid=9b2e5766900ba750299f0687fb0e533b

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think that this thread is well worth the time to read:

St Mary's has a nice, substantive message board with a 31 post thread about Evan Fitzner and his potential transfer. Good insight as to his talents and weaknesses. As a bonus, barely-remembered Hoosier-to St. Mary's player Ben Allen gets name-checked!

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/godisagael/fitzner-t8395.html?sid=9b2e5766900ba750299f0687fb0e533b

Not bad. They obviously liked Fitzner and all at least acknowledged he was at least a good shooter. 

Side note... who were the radio guys they were saying had no clue about college BB?