Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) PG - Kira Lewis to Alabama

On 5/26/2018 at 11:14 AM, HoosierHoops1 said:

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/05/kira_lewis.html

Referring to Trendon Watford 

"We've played good," Lewis said. "We've probably gotten our teammate chemistry up. Who knows? Maybe one day we could be at the same college. That would be great head start." 

Referring to a possible pUKe offer

"Not everyone gets the opportunity to be recruited by teams like that," he said. "I just keep working hard and hopefully one day I'll get that Kentucky offer and go from there."

Yeah sounds real positive for anyone outside pUKe, right?

UK already has a top15 PG and CG committed and a top 40 SF. Which leads to the question of if they will even offer and will he want to go there with a possibly log jam. 

However at the same time if he comes here he’ll be battling for PT with a sophomore PG who we assume will log a ton of minutes as a freshman and a senior CG in Green.

2 hours ago, ChiHoosier5 said:

UK already has a top15 PG and CG committed and a top 40 SF. Which leads to the question of if they will even offer and will he want to go there with a possibly log jam. 

However at the same time if he comes here he’ll be battling for PT with a sophomore PG who we assume will log a ton of minutes as a freshman and a senior CG in Green.

Good point! I had actually forgot about their pickups for 2019

53 minutes ago, KDB said:

Per a new Evan Daniels piece, Lewis says Kansas, Indiana, Alabama, Auburn, and Kentucky are the schools recruiting him the hardest.

Also says he is planning visits to Alabama, IU, Kansas, and Kentucky.

In that case, I hope Tre Mann commits to Kansas

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/nbpa-top-100-kira-lewis-talks-recruiting       

Indiana: "I'm still trying to take a visit there. With all of these camps and everything it's hard to schedule. You can't take visits in July, so I'm trying to get all I can in during June. If I don't go in June then I'll definitely go when I can go (on visits) again. People love basketball at Indiana, the tradition they have it's just a great school. A great basketball school."

Lewis said that he has an unofficial visit set for Georgia on June 17th and that he is also planning one for Alabama along with trying to get to Indiana before the end of the month.

The Crimson Tide appears to be in the best position at this point while Indiana has made a good push and Georgia could really help themselves with a strong visit. However, the potential game changer here would be an offer from Kentucky. If the Wildcats end up offering during July, they would likely become the favorites to land Lewis.

6 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Whew!  What a relief.    ...that some twitter handle has 1 follower.  Unfortunately I posted from Instagram.  

Maybe it's a joke.  Someone else responded to that by laughing only.  Maybe it's even a joke based on forums freaking out about the Hurt thing.  No idea.  

Have I mentioned I want Kira to IU?  Because the dude is awesome.  It seems like he has some real interest, too.  As we say, if we get him up here, it can change everything.  He's said multiple times he knows about the Indiana basketball thing because all the good things the Watfords have said over the years.  Without that connection, he probably wouldn't be considering us.  

9 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Whew!  What a relief.    ...that some twitter handle has 1 follower.  Unfortunately I posted from Instagram.  

Maybe I was wrong.... I didn't check instagram.
trendonw's profile picture

trendonw

Follow

Options

Trendon Watford

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

Maybe it's a joke.  Someone else responded to that by laughing only.  Maybe it's even a joke based on forums freaking out about the Hurt thing.  No idea.  

Have I mentioned I want Kira to IU?  Because the dude is awesome.  It seems like he has some real interest, too.  As we say, if we get him up here, it can change everything.  He's said multiple times he knows about the Indiana basketball thing because all the good things the Watfords have said over the years.  Without that connection, he probably wouldn't be considering us.  

A visit is going to have to change things because nobody seems to confident he's getting out of the South at this point. I do like this kid a lot.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/top-50-guard-kira-lewis-schedules-visits

...his invitations to the NBPA Top 100 Camp and the USA Basketball under-18 trials forced him to miss visits scheduled to Iowa State, Indiana, Auburn and Houston....

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/top-50-guard-kira-lewis-schedules-visits

...his invitations to the NBPA Top 100 Camp and the USA Basketball under-18 trials forced him to miss visits scheduled to Iowa State, Indiana, Auburn and Houston....

Hopefully we can still get him to Btown