Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I would much prefer a grad transfer big that fits Archie's style of play.  However, if we could bring in another 5* guard (one that could stick around for a few years) I would be all for that too.  That's a huge class but would provide a lot of talent throughout the next 5 years.

Don't think we're much of a player in this recruitment despite our April offer.

Jerry Meyer - 247Sports  Jalen Lecque wanting time to transition to point guard

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - There had been heavy speculation that Jalen Lecque would reclassify up to the 2018 class, but he is wanting more time transition to the point guard position.  A freakish athlete at 6-4, 186-pounds, Lecque is known for his rim attacking drives and scoring in the lane. His mission now is to be known as a point guard and not just an athletic scorer. In order to accomplish this goal, he knows he needs to stay put in 2019 and not rush to college this fall.

“For right now my parents and me have been talking about it," Lecque told 247Sports at the USA 18U trials. "We haven’t made any further decisions on being a 2018, so it’s looking like I’m probably going to be 100 percent 2019.  “I just transitioned into being a point guard this year, so it was really difficult at first in those first couple sessions, but now I’m starting to pick it up.  “Every school wants me for 2018 but it is a matter where I’m going to dominate and play the most at.”

When asked what schools he is strongly considering, Lecque, who is ranked No. 11 in the 247Sports Composite, listed Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, Wake Forest, N.C. State, Tennessee and Oregon. All have offered him except for Duke.  “I don’t believe Duke has officially offered me, but they have been looking at me really hard,” he said.

Although his desire is to play the point guard position, Lecque, who is from New York City but attending Christ School in North Carolina, has spent most of his time at the USA 18U trials playing off the ball and then attacking the rim off the dribble as he is best known for.

This spring playing for New York Renaissance in the Nike EYBL, Lecque averaged 14.2 points, 4.6 rebounds and 3.8 assists to 2.8 turnovers per game. His less impressive numbers were his 4-38 shooting from behind the three-point line for 11 percent and his 0.7 steals per game considering his emense athletic ability.

Immersed in the positional transitioning process, Lecque broke down the pros and cons of playing the point guard position.  “It’s different. It’s harder," he said. "The pros are having the ball and making the decisions. I like the pressure of being able to have the game on the line. If I mess up, it’s my fault. If I don’t, then I get praised.  “The cons are that it is constant movement and constant talking. Constaintly you being the leader of the team.”

Ultimately, however, for Lecque, the goal is to make it to the NBA, point guard or not point guard. And that goal will guide his college decision making.  “I’m looking for them playing me a lot," he said. "Not necessarily saying I have to get 30 shots or anything. I just want to be in a situation where I can be my best and reach my main goal (NBA).”

Lecque hasn't put out a lot of information about what schools are leading for him, but he does have four predictions in his Crystal Ball. His two latest picks are Kentucky while there is also a prediction each for North Carolina and Oregon.

Jalen Lecque, a class of 2019 guard from @BrewsterHoops (NH), just announced he is down to Louisville, NC State, Oregon, TCU, Tennessee & Texas Tech & UCLA.
Off the board officially. Probably been off the board for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Jalen Lecque, a class of 2019 guard from @BrewsterHoops (NH), just announced he is down to Louisville, NC State, Oregon, TCU, Tennessee & Texas Tech & UCLA.
Off the board officially. Probably been off the board for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That’s a VERY odd list for someone so talented. What gives? Geographically all over the place. Some good schools but not historic winners, save UCLA, maybe Louisville and Oregon. TCU and Texas Texas??

Things that make u go Hmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That’s a VERY odd list for someone so talented. What gives? Geographically all over the place. Some good schools but not historic winners, save UCLA, maybe Louisville and Oregon. TCU and Texas Texas??

He was 50/50 reclassifying. School wise he could be in the 2018 class but sounds like he will stay 2019 for now. Could end up not going to college and entering draft early like Simmons did this draft

Kids today don't care about historic winners generally

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It's like your own personal bat signal.

One time target may skip NC State and just go straight to the NBA draft next summer.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/11/03/n-c-state-commit-jalen-lecque-may-head-straight-to-the-nba-draft/

“I could be a freshman on a college campus right now,” Lecque, who grew up in New York City and Teaneck, N.J., told ESPN at an event in the Bahamas. “I am eligible for the [2019] draft. I’m a fifth-year senior, but I’m also eligible for the draft because of my grades.”

Lecque, who chose the Wolfpack over Louisville, Oregon, TCU, Tennessee, Texas Tech, and UCLA, would have to petition the NBA by submitting paperwork before the April 21 deadline, per ESPN.