Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PG Ethan Morton to Purdue

Pretty safe to say Archie knew what he was doing offering Morton. I remember a lot of people questioned the offer. Archie knows what he’s doing. I have complete confidence in him

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I was one of those questioning the timing of the offer. Not the offer itself. Playing up a year in AAU didn’t seem to allow him to shine. Everything else I’ve seen, I like.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, cthomas said:
Will he want to back up RP for a couple of years or can they play together?

Definitely can play together. With his size he can play the 2 and even the 3 if necessary. The reason he was getting offers during the summer without putting up big numbers is because  he has the vision and IQ of a point guard and the size to play multiple positions.

In a 78-60 win over Plum, Morton with 25 pts.

Couple of articles on Morton from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - The first says that through his first 3 games he's averaging a triple double -- 29 pts., 12 reb. & 10 assists. 

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/high-school-basketball/2018/12/13/ethan-morton-recruiting-butler-will-jeffress-mcdowell-basketball/stories/201812130122

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/high-school-basketball/2018/12/13/Ethan-Morton-Butler-WPIAL-PIAA-Isiah-Warfield-Sewickley-Academy-Jimmy-Moon-Serra-Catholic/stories/201812120108

Butler HS wins huge non section game over Erie Mcdowell 75-72.   Ethan Morton with 32.

Also had 8 reb. and 6 assts.  Game write-up at:  

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/high-school-basketball/2018/12/14/In-a-game-with-plenty-of-star-power-Ethan-Morton-and-Butler-hold-on-to-beat-Will-Jeffress-and-McDowell/stories/201812140147

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
added stats and newspaper link

On 12/9/2018 at 7:36 PM, cthomas said:

Will he want to back up RP for a couple of years or can they play together?

If he can shoot as well as reported, there will be floor time available. That's really lacking, and see that continue with the next few classes.

8 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

If he can shoot as well as reported, there will be floor time available. That's really lacking, and see that continue with the next few classes. 

Don't know that he would be a back-up --  put'em both on the court at the same time and rotate with Al; stick Green on the bench for most of the game.

8 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

If he can shoot that way, he's a combo; not a point.  And at 6'4", playing he and RP together is more than reasonable.

Last night we learned that Morton is human after all.

Mt. Lebanon needed to play a near-perfect game and find a way to shut down senior Ethan Morton if it was to upset Class 6A No. 1-ranked Butler.  Jake Hoffman scored 27 points and Sean Loughran 23 to lead four Blue Devils in double figures as unranked Mt. Lebanon (4-1) handed the visiting Golden Tornado its first loss, 87-60. 

Morton, a prized Division I prospect, was limited to 12 points. 

Browsing some Morton highlight videos. This kid is a ballplayer. Love his passing and has a nice looking shot. Would be happy with this get.

I’d be more than happy. Not really sure why, but I’d really love a recruit who can do a lot of things well. Maybe it’s because a lot of our guys this year do some things really well but not everything decently