Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PG Ethan Morton to Purdue

Indiana has offered top-50 sophomore guard Ethan Morton 
@JWellsTH
Corey Evans 

4-Star / 6'4" / 195 lbs. from Butler, PA.  Plays for The Rens on the Nike circuit.

Rivals

ESPN

Feb. '18 Article from Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ethan Morton '20 (PG) - The Rens       Has IU Offer  
Date Pts. FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.
4/20 6 2 9 0 0 2 6 6 3 0 1 0
4/21     DID NOT PLAY              
4/21 8 3 5 2 2 0 1 1 1 0 0 0
4/22 4 1 6 1 2 1 2 6 1 0 0 1

Avg 6.0 30%   75%   33%   4 2 0 0 0
# Gms 3                      

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Don’t think so. His HS numbers are great. AAU first weekend was rough. Just odd to offer a top 60 out of state kid this early. I like 6’4-6’5” though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It's a kid that I'm sure CAM knows pretty well and is confident in being from his home state of PA. It's also never to early to offer a kid especially a top 60 kid if you feel good about the offer as a coach. 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Good start to the day for Ethan Morton. Four star sophomore’s poise, mid range scorer and maturity is off of the charts. Good reason why practically the entire Big 10 has jumped in with an offer
Corey Evans

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Good to hear that we're not the only ones jumping on the Morton bandwagon.  Not trying to second guess Archie, but when the IU offer was made it was kind of a wtf moment for me.  Clearly there's a lot more there than what we can see looking solely at his AAU stats.

Oregon has offered.  His AAU numbers haven't been all that impressive (he's playing up), but he's certainly received a large number of major D1 offers not to mention he's currently the 15th overall ranked SG per 247 so there's a lot more to his game than what we can see just from his AAU stats.

Oregon has offered.  His AAU numbers haven't been all that impressive (he's playing up), but he's certainly received a large number of major D1 offers not to mention he's currently the 15th overall ranked SG per 247 so there's a lot more to his game than what we can see just from his AAU stats.

That must be the case. An interesting recruitment to see where he ends up and how he develops. The Oregon offer at face seems strange. Not a geographic offer and not a Top top rated kid (yet?)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Morton has scheduled a few visits:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/four-star-ethan-morton-has-busy-september-and-october-planned

Pitt - 9/8

Purdue - 9/14 (official)

IU - 9/21 (official)

Marquette & Northwestern - unofficial weekend 10/12

Michigan - 10/19

Stanford - 10/26 (official)

25 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

He’s taking officials?  Is he planning to reclassify?

He must be, right? He wasn't blowing up AAU though playing with the '19 group so I'm a bit surprised.

I thought the new recruiting rules in college basketball prohibited official visits until Jan. 1 of a prospect's junior year (link below). So by default he must consider this his senior year of high school. 

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/division-i-council-adopts-recruiting-legislation 

20 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

He’s taking officials?  Is he planning to reclassify?

This was a part of the changes to recruiting made by the NCAA commission. Recruits can now take five official visits starting August 1 before their junior year of high school, through the end of that school year. This is in addition to the five visits we normally think of, starting the summer before their senior year and lasting through the October after graduation. Potentially, Ethan could still take an official next year as well, and be there for Hoosier Hysteria 2019.

12 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

This was a part of the changes to recruiting made by the NCAA commission. Recruits can now take five official visits starting August 1 before their junior year of high school, through the end of that school year. This is in addition to the five visits we normally think of, starting the summer before their senior year and lasting through the October after graduation. Potentially, Ethan could still take an official next year as well, and be there for Hoosier Hysteria 2019.

Oh wow much appreciated. That’s awesome I missed that. Good for kids being able to take multiple officials to same school