Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PG Ethan Morton to Purdue

10 hours ago, barrettballer said:

Does anyone know this kids averages? Seems like he’s scoring mid to high 20s or 30 every game

9 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Floating around 26 I believe I read. From what I gather, he does everything well, and CAM has been on him for awhile.

Very good Moye - Through 11 games this season, Morton is averaging 27.0 pp   (As of Jan. 11).

On 1/19/2019 at 7:53 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Mike White - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

High school notebook: Big E — Ethan Morton is close to a "triple-double" player for Butler

Ethan Morton goes into games with an open mind. Butler is never quite sure what defense an opponent will throw at Morton, so he has no pre-conceived notions of exactly what he must do for his team to achieve success.

So he just does everything.

Scores a lot.

Rebounds a lot.

Passes a lot.

Morton is a 6-foot-5 point guard who has been highly touted for a few years. But what Morton is doing in his junior season deserves more accolades. He is having a season that is extremely rare in the WPIAL — or any level of basketball.

This statistic says it all: Morton is eight assists away from averaging a triple-double.

Morton is the third-leading scorer in the WPIAL at 28.1 points a game. He also is averaging 10.4 rebounds and 9.8 assists a game. His performance against Seneca Valley this past Tuesday was typical of his do-what-it-takes attitude. He had 19 points, nine below his average, but he had 19 rebounds and 12 assists.

“What he does, I think we take for granted sometimes,” Butler coach Matt Clement said. “But when you sit back and think about it, it’s like, ‘Wow.’”

It should be pointed out that Butler isn’t padding his statistics, either. Two or three people chart statistics for Butler at games, and then the team has a statistician double-check film.

“How teams are defending him might call for a different way for him to play,” Clement said. “But his No. 1 thought always is, how are we going to win? If it takes 0 points, but 30 assists and 20 rebounds, then he’ll try to do that. But I doubt there is a kid walking around the WPIAL who is more unselfish as far as just wanting to win first.”

Oscar Robertson is one of only two players in NBA history to average a triple-double for the entire season. He was the Big O. The way Morton is going, he is the Big E of the WPIAL. Besides his averages, Morton is shooting 53 percent from the field, 33 percent from 3-point range and 82 percent from the free-throw line for a Butler team that is 11-3.

Morton has scholarship offers from Pitt, Indiana, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Virginia, Stanford, Oregon and many others.

“I’ve said it before that he’s getting recruited, not just because of his scoring, but because of his versatility, his basketball IQ and how unique he is,” said Clement.

I just realized you had already posted this.  I swear I didn't see it when I read through the thread again. I even looked for it to not make a repetitive post. My apologies, OF.

34 minutes ago, ray said:

I just realized you had already posted this.  I swear I didn't see it when I read through the thread again. I even looked for it to not make a repetitive post. My apologies, OF.

It's okay with me, I didn't see it earlier in the thread. Thanks for re-posting.

Does anyone what his short list is? or where he is leaning?

IU, Michigan, Ohio St are in good shape
He has been to Purdue and IU on official visits thanks to the new rule. After his season is over look for him to make his visits and decide soon after

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

IU, Michigan, Ohio St are in good shape
He has been to Purdue and IU on official visits thanks to the new rule. After his season is over look for him to make his visits and decide soon after

Nice, with IU and OSU having lesser years that must put UM in a good spot. Although coach Beilein has never had incredible recruiting prowess.  

Edited by FraneT

Nice, with IU and OSU having lesser years that must put UM in a good spot. Although coach Beilein has never had incredible recruiting prowess.  

Team success is way overrated. It’s a bigger deal to fans but to incoming recruits it’s not that big of factor. Most the players on these teams won’t be on the team in 2 years when Morton would be playing.