Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PG Ethan Morton to Purdue

On 5/8/2019 at 2:56 PM, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

Haters gonna hate

Shooters gonna shoot

TROLLS GONNA TROLL

I cant believe you guys are spending your time on stuff like that. Bizzare. 

Solid pickup for the Boilers. I watched him several times last year. Numbers didn’t jump out in AAU but I loved what I saw from him. Great communicator and elite passer. Shot needs work and defense definitely needs work. I really liked his game and wanted him to be a Hoosier. Having said that I’m more then comfortable with Galloway and Leal if they end up Hoosiers. The thing is the gap between these players is not as big as the rankings would indicate in my opinion. Morton will be one I will look forward to following in college game

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 hours ago, Hornsby said:

You guys have way way waay too much time of you hands.Wow time for you to get back to work. 

Took about 45 seconds to figure out, and produced many good tidings and giggles.

I’m comfortable with how it turned out.

1 hour ago, maharkn said:

Ryan clone 2.0

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Cline was an elite shooter while Morton isn’t. Morton is a high level playmaker whereas Cline was always a shooter. Don’t think they’re too similar at all. 

Cline was an elite shooter while Morton isn’t. Morton is a high level playmaker whereas Cline was always a shooter. Don’t think they’re too similar at all. 

They're both white and 6'4". That's about where the comparison ends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I can say is we have to hope all this Purdue love plays out like it has in baseball for them from last year to this year.

Everyone was in love with them last year and said their coach Mark Wasikowski was building the next great thing in Big Ten for baseball after making tourney last year and almost winning Big Ten. This year they have tumbled to the near the bottom of conference while IU is chugging towards the NCAA tourney for the 6th time in 7 years.

While Painter is certainly the hot ticket now and has proven success over a long period of time he will have to replace a ton this year so lets see if all this momentum is still here next year.   

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:

All I can say is we have to hope all this Purdue love plays out like it has in baseball for them from last year to this year.

Everyone was in love with them last year and said their coach Mark Wasikowski was building the next great thing in Big Ten for baseball after making tourney last year and almost winning Big Ten. This year they have tumbled to the near the bottom of conference while IU is chugging towards the NCAA tourney for the 6th time in 7 years.

While Painter is certainly the hot ticket now and has proven success over a long period of time he will have to replace a ton this year so lets see if all this momentum is still here next year.   

He also had to replace a ton last year (lost 4 starters) and we all know how that turned out. I believe he just added one of Brad Stephens assistants from the Celtics. If anything it seems like Purdue is capitalizing on their momentum the last few years while we are kind of trending in the opposite direction. 

I wish IU basketball could be as consistent as the baseball team. With our facilities, tradition,  etc...you would think that shouldn't be too hard to ask...

10 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

He also had to replace a ton last year (lost 4 starters) and we all know how that turned out. I believe he just added one of Brad Stephens assistants from the Celtics. If anything it seems like Purdue is capitalizing on their momentum the last few years while we are kind of trending in the opposite direction. 

I wish IU basketball could be as consistent as the baseball team. With our facilities, tradition,  etc...you would think that shouldn't be too hard to ask...

I agree with that part and IU's consistency in Baseball is kind of like Purdue's in basketball while their baseball was a flash in the pan last year. With that said Painter does still have a ton of starters to replace which will be a big test and no star in Edwards this time.

Heck IU baseball will be in that position next year that Painter is in losing a ton of players. Big Test coming up for both of them next year after being arguably most consistent program in conference last half dozen years or more.

That assistant from the Celtics was a former Purdue assistant

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 hours ago, Aaron said:

Comparing a historically inept program like Purdue baseball to Purdue basketball that has been consistently good for the majority of its history? The programs aren’t remotely similar.