Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PG Ethan Morton to Purdue

22 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Archie isn’t a very good recruiter without the New Coach smell. It won’t be long before we start recruiting against Rutgers for players.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Are you saying we’re gonna smell like New Jersey soon?!?

OhhhhNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

So Brian snow just put in a crystal ball pick for Morton to Purdue.. if Archie loses his top 2020 target to Purdue then ohhhhhh boy.

Wow recruiting seems to be losing steam fast

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Announcing Thursday at 8:45 pm

Seriously? Going to lose another one thats like five or six now this spring. I thought he was suppose to be our top target.

I would take Leal and Galloway over Morton. Morton has struggled in AAU both last year and this year while the other two haven’t.

So he top 50 ranking will change? He sure seems hyped up.

Honestly, If Purdue gets this kid, big time kudos.

I don’t know who is better between him, Leal, and Galloway.

I would have liked Indiana getting Morton though.

I’ve been cool on Galloway and Leal, not super impressed.

Both seem to bring some basketball know-how but lack in the measurables.

Archie gonna have to prove a lot to me, because at this point to me, he’s grasping to figure out his own identity.

We’ve seen him recently, and our reaction was to offer his AAU teammate, RJ Davis.

Morton has played four AAU games this year and is averaging 7ppg on 5-20 fg and 1-9 3pt. Good a/to ratio. 

And that’s after averaging 4.7ppg on 35%fg and 30% 3pt in 18 AAU games last year.

Hmmmm....

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

What makes you think so?

Western Pa connection and Archie was in him early. Mutual interest has waned lately and we have been very heavy on Leal and Galloway.

Seems to me that Morton may have seen that we have other priorities.

Lmao... the oh we didnt really want him anyway excuse. Archie is really dying on the recruiting trail. He hasn't shown he can produce NBA talent. He had a surefire top 5 pick and decided to stick him in the corner and now he's a fringe top 20 pick. He's having a horrible offseason. He hasn't been able to fill our biggest need which is shooting and we have no depth for our 1-3 spots. At this point we're probably going to have 2 open scholarships at the start of next season and we currently have 0 commits for 20.

1 minute ago, ctown2grhoosier said:

Lmao... the oh we didnt really want him anyway excuse. Archie is really dying on the recruiting trail. He hasn't shown he can produce NBA talent. He had a surefire top 5 pick and decided to stick him in the corner and now he's a fringe top 20 pick. He's having a horrible offseason. He hasn't been able to fill our biggest need which is shooting and we have no depth for our 1-3 spots. At this point we're probably going to have 2 open scholarships at the start of next season and we currently have 0 commits for 20.

I know it wouldn’t be for next season, but Ethan Morton sure as heck wouldn’t help anyone’s need for shooting.

We’ve seen him recently, and our reaction was to offer his AAU teammate, RJ Davis.
Morton has played four AAU games this year and is averaging 7ppg on 5-20 fg and 1-9 3pt. Good a/to ratio. 
And that’s after averaging 4.7ppg on 35%fg and 30% 3pt in 18 AAU games last year.
Hmmmm....

Why is he so highly ranked?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

35 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hmmmm....

There have been a few of us going against the grain on Morton the whole time.  I never saw why the fanbase had so much hype for this kid.  

Like Stuhoo just pointed out, the kid really doesn't produce in AAU.  He's outshined by everyone else out there.  If anything, his assists stick out, but that will happen when you're kicking to a kid hitting 67% from 3 (RJ Davis).

There's no doubt he's a D1 level player.  Lots of coaches want him.  And props to Purdue for getting the early commitment.  They have earned it.  Painter is on a real hot streak the past few seasons.  Honestly at some point the recruiting will have to catch up with their success.

Archie is a whale hunter.  He's going after impact players.  Get 2 impact guys a year, and you'll eventually have a very talented team.  Outside of Romeo, we're definitely having a rough go with getting some top guards.  Let's stay on it.  Two impact recruits a year builds a good team.  

There have been a few of us going against the grain on Morton the whole time.  I never saw why the fanbase had so much hype for this kid.  

Like Stuhoo just pointed out, the kid really doesn't produce in AAU.  He's outshined by everyone else out there.  If anything, his assists stick out, but that will happen when you're kicking to a kid hitting 67% from 3 (RJ Davis).

There's no doubt he's a D1 level player.  Lots of coaches want him.  And props to Purdue for getting the early commitment.  They have earned it.  Painter is on a real hot streak the past few seasons.  Honestly at some point the recruiting will have to catch up with their success.

Archie is a whale hunter.  He's going after impact players.  Get 2 impact guys a year, and you'll eventually have a very talented team.  Outside of Romeo, we're definitely having a rough go with getting some top guards.  Let's stay on it.  Two impact recruits a hear builds a good team.  
But we don't seem to be serious players for any of the top 2020 whales that I have seen. Leal is our closest commit and still hasn't pulled the trigger.

1 hour ago, ctown2grhoosier said:

That top 5 pick that you speak of...well, I seriously beg to differ! He had plenty of opportunity to show that, and WE (unless your glasses differ than ours) just didn't see it. He can not live in the NBA going to the rack. Those are men! Horrid shooter and has no killer instint. He is young and maybe will develop, but just another average NBA player. I was high on him since 8th grade, but after watching this past season, I sure cooled my jets. I don't care what kind of offense CAM could have ran for him. If you can't hit wide open looks...smh!

In all fairness to both the pumpers and the dumpers, it did appear that IU was high on this kid so while IU May have cooled on him that seems to also be an assumption. It is very possible we just didn’t impress him.

It happens but it does feel like a lot of our early targets have gone elsewhere and we are trying to jump into new recruitments last minute and those are missing as well.

9 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

In all fairness, it did appear that IU was high on this kid so while IU May have cooled on him that seems to also be an assumption. It is very possible we just didn’t impress him.

It happens but it does feel like a lot of our early targets have gone elsewhere and we are trying to jump into new recruitments last minute and those are missing as well.

According to another sites most coveted “insider”, Morton is/was IU’s top priority for this class. I don’t understand our fan bases’ propensity to claim IU cools on kids or prioritizes other kids more when we strike out. I still remember all the comments about early on about how Brooks was the other top priority for 2019 (aside from TJD) and that Trendon Watford wasn’t a priority at all. Now there’s no one who would rather have Brooks over Watford. Losing Morton to Purdue is a bad look and I have a very hard time believing both Leal and Galloway are better college prospects. 

1 hour ago, HoosierTrav said:

Makes me come here less and less.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Just the nature of message boards anymore. The social media age has produced instant gratification. When it isn’t met, people riot. I don’t see it getting any better.