Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PG Ethan Morton to Purdue

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

He must be, right? He wasn't blowing up AAU though playing with the '19 group so I'm a bit surprised.

This today from Corey Evans. -

Morton is far from a college decision, so it's difficult to single out a favorite in his recruitment at this point.

What makes Morton such a prized recruit is the fact that he can play all three perimeter positions on the offensive end. His intellect, egoless approach and maturity bolsters his resume.

Look for Morton to remain patient with the recruiting process. Practically the entire Big Ten has prioritized him to date and, thanks to his grades, will not be short on elite academic pursuance.

On 9/4/2018 at 9:38 AM, BH33 said:

Morton has scheduled a few visits:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/four-star-ethan-morton-has-busy-september-and-october-planned

Pitt - 9/8

Purdue - 9/14 (official)

IU - 9/21 (official)

Marquette & Northwestern - unofficial weekend 10/12

Michigan - 10/19

Stanford - 10/26 (official)

2nd OV this weekend.

I want this kid for the 2020 class. You win big in college basketball with players like Morton.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/high-school-basketball/2018/02/08/Ethan-Morton-Butler-sophomore-Matt-Clement-Bob-Huggins-mirror-goals/stories/201802070092

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Has anyone seen this kid play?  Can anyone walk me through the appeal?  I see his ranking is in the 50s, and he's got plenty of high major interest.  I've watched his highlight videos, and honestly there's nothing there.  The article posted is nice.  Is this a kid we want?

Has anyone seen this kid play?  Can anyone walk me through the appeal?  I see his ranking is in the 50s, and he's got plenty of high major interest.  I've watched his highlight videos, and honestly there's nothing there.  The article posted is nice.  Is this a kid we want?

He’s a 6’5” point guard who looks to have a good work ethic. Additionally he’s unanimously ranked in the top 60, has numerous big time offers, and will be a multiple year player. He also continually posts triple doubles in high school so he seems to be a well rounded player.

I would welcome him with open arms

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah I watched him at Westfield. He was playing up an age group and didn’t really stand out scoring wise but he has great size for his position and his passing his one of his better strengths. Above average shooter and is one of those kids that seems to make the right plays all the time. I wanting to watch him more but I would take him in a heartbeat. Michigan wants him as well

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

More details on Morton's Friday and Saturday games.  Kid knows how to take it to the bucket and look at his FT %.

Friday - 35 points, 17 Rebounds, 9 Assists, 16/18 FTs

Saturday - 29 points, 7 Rebounds, 11 Assists, 16/18 FTs

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

More details on Morton's Friday and Saturday games.  Kid knows how to take it to the bucket and look at his FT %.

Friday - 35 points, 17 Rebounds, 9 Assists, 16/18 FTs

Saturday - 29 points, 7 Rebounds, 11 Assists, 16/18 FTs

At least 9 drawn fouls each game. No wonder Archie likes him. 

Pretty safe to say Archie knew what he was doing offering Morton. I remember a lot of people questioned the offer. Archie knows what he’s doing. I have complete confidence in him

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners