Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Starting a small business would love feedback on idea and potential names

Hey guys so for about 2 years have been wanting to start my own small business.  Went through 10-12 possible ideas before settling on this one. Would like some feedback on the idea. Things like you would use it. You think it's too complicated etc. 

then some potential names. If you could tell me your favorite and then maybe what you think of each. 

I want to ship home batteries of the  most standard sizes. AA, AAA, C, D, 9V, 2032 Button Batteries and hearing aid batteries all directly to people's homes and on a schedule that they determine.  In addition you can order any quantity that you want. You want 3 triple AAA and 1 C battery no problem that can happen.

And the best part it's cheaper than retail even if you order in retail quality and no they aren't off brand batteries. They are Duracell the most popular brand. 

Basically you buy a points package. Each battery has a point value assigned to it.  As well as additional deliveries you get one for free with the package.  You can sign up for a yearly subscription and get a discount also. The next year you'll get the same set of batteries you ordered without doing anything. Or you can go change it and get a different assortment. 

A nice yearly reminder to change those smoke alarm and key fob batteries. I spent 26 dollars doing that last time. I would have spent 14 roughly with this service. 

Some names I have are:

Simple life batteries

Doorstep batteries

Peace of mind batteries

Batteries to your door

Spring cleaning batteries

Just now, Stromboli said:

No ideas on the name, but I'll say that if your marketing focuses on safety concerns, you might get somewhere.  People eat that up.  Good luck!

Yep going to focus on safety and decluttering. 

Plus not getting woken up at 3 am by a smoke alarm beeping 

Maybe a name with Charge, Power, etc. (Charging Solutions?) In case you add phone cords. USB chargers etc.  We just picked up a line of high end  led worklights.  Some have rechargeable batteries via 120v and or USB.  Some are standard batteries.  Might be good to offer.  Good luck!

47 minutes ago, HoosierMoore said:

Maybe a name with Charge, Power, etc. (Charging Solutions?) In case you add phone cords. USB chargers etc.  We just picked up a line of high end  led worklights.  Some have rechargeable batteries via 120v and or USB.  Some are standard batteries.  Might be good to offer.  Good luck!

I don't anticipate selling cables. I want consumables for the most part. Chargers change and I could get stuck with excess inventory.