Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 3 game series @ Ohio State

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

I'd say give the guy the benefit of the doubt for how hard we worked to catch it. Its probably 50-50 like you said and certainly controversial.  

But he didn't come up with the ball.. bottom line 

Just now, btownqb said:

Pretty sure it was Walkers first error at 3rd btw. 

it was his first error at third but he has struggled at short previously so he has had defensive issues in past albeit at a different position like you said.

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But he didn't come up with the ball.. bottom line 

Since I have benefit of replay by rewinding feed (albeit angle was only decent) I watched again and he definitely had it for a second than dropped it trying to show ump he had it. Could of gone either way.

Lead kept but barely. OSU scored on a double play we failed to turn than Kaletha dropped a ball in center field with 2 outs only to get up and throw runner out at home coming around from 1st. 4-3 after 3.

First loss this year where we blew a big lead as OSU homered in 7th to win.

I always had us losing a game in this series in my configuration but it turns tomorrow into a must win instead of a luxury game from our stand point. We are also now 2-2 in true 50-50 games in conference where game was close late (wins against NW and PU in Sunday game and loss today vs OSU and PU in Friday game) which is not good enough if we are going to pull out conference title.

RPI will lose only 1 spot likely and OSU is good so no harm there in terms of hosting regional or our resume but a must win now tomorrow. Good news is OSU Sunday starter is awful and we still don't know who is going for us so could be high scoring game again.

14 hours ago, Aaron said:

First loss this year where we blew a big lead as OSU homered in 7th to win.

I always had us losing a game in this series in my configuration but it turns tomorrow into a must win instead of a luxury game from our stand point. We are also now 2-2 in true 50-50 games in conference where game was close late (wins against NW and PU in Sunday game and loss today vs OSU and PU in Friday game) which is not good enough if we are going to pull out conference title.

RPI will lose only 1 spot likely and OSU is good so no harm there in terms of hosting regional or our resume but a must win now tomorrow. Good news is OSU Sunday starter is awful and we still don't know who is going for us so could be high scoring game again.

I think conference title is gone unless we sweep Minny and Michigan falls off a cliff

Fineman laces a 2 out double down the right field line but Bradley flies out to end top 1st scoreless. Given how hot Herrin has been right decision to start him given Milto's absence but he still makes me nervous given his past.

Herrin gives up a 2 out walk where ump refused to call strike 3 on 2 borderline pitches but gets next batter to ground out to end 1st scoreless. This ump not gonna give anything close on outside corner it appears.

IU uses Lemo ball beautifully without the benefit of a hit to get a run in 2nd. Gorski hit by pitch, took second on a steal, went to third on a sac fly to deep left than scored on Houston's ground out to second. 1-0 after 1.5 innings.

This is why Herrin makes me nervous. Gives up a triple off the top of the wall that barely missed HR and the next batter doesn't miss clocking one over the wall in the same spot. 2-1 OSU after 2. No wind and Herrin missing his spots again. Right choice to start given situation but makes me uncomfortable given past struggles and so far not sharp. 

We tie it up on a Fineman double in third but both teams made big mistakes that inning. It started with a leadoff Kaletha single and steal of second. Than OSU screwed up as a ground ball to pitcher by Lloyd was thrown back to second high instead of taking easy out at first. Sowers just missed a HR to the track to left he hit to high. Than Fineman doubled to the wall over the shortstops head scoring Kaletha but Lloyd got over aggressive and was thrown out at home before Bradley flew out to left to end inning.

Herrin works a quick clean bottom half.and its 2-2 after 3.