Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 3 game series @ Ohio State

31 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I missed every second of this game and I am not mad about it even a little (saw final score on twitter but nothing else). Glad we won while I took in the Bojan Bogdanović show at Bankers Life which was much more exciting even though IU got a nice win. I will be watching us again in Baseball the rest of the weekend.

Have almost nothing to say tonight since I saw absolutely zero when it came to this game other than our RPI moved to 20 and saw on twitter that Milto is being held out due to a sore arm. Could be much worse and just hope this does not balloon into something more serious like it has with Miller. 

Weren't spectacular tonight offensively.. but capitalized. I'm headed over tomorrow... pretty pumped for it. 

Strong inning and a lot of help from OSU. The Gorski triple was all us with a great rip down the third base line into the corner. Than Gorski tried to come home on a ground ball to the pitcher that was thrown low and catcher was unable to field or Gorski would of been dead meat at plate. The Houston RBI single was of the infield variety after nice play behind 2nd but throw to 1st was dropped allowing Crail to score from 2nd who was going on pitch. Than Sowers was hit with bases loaded a couple batters later. We batted around that inning with Fineman making 2 of them as first and last batter of inning.

This is gonna be a long game with lots of scoring. OSU gets 2 back after Beauchamp was hit all over the yard that inning and Justin Walker didn't help with yet another bad error at 3rd allowing a runner to reach 1st. However it could of been worse with 1st and 3rd 1 out before we got a pop up to 2nd and strikeout to get out of it 

Wow OSU leftfielder just made the most diving spectacular catch down the right field line. However, as he was getting up to show the umpire the ball he had it fall out of his glove and ump said he dropped it. Huge break and a bad call in our favor. OSU coach came out to argue and it really got heated but no ejection. Bradley ends up at 3rd on the not so classic lead off triple 

Ball never lies? After the controversial call in our favor we took 2 walks but than Walker who continues to struggle everywhere strikes out and Houston hits into a double play to 2nd and we blow the chance. OSU some momentum now. 

9 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Wow OSU leftfielder just made the most diving spectacular catch down the right field line. However, as he was getting up to show the umpire the ball he had it fall out of his glove and ump said he dropped it. Huge break and a bad call in our favor. OSU coach came out to argue and it really got heated but no ejection. Bradley ends up at 3rd on the not so classic lead off triple 

This was right in front of me... no chance it was a "bad" call. 50-50 for sure.  But from my view and the umps he absolutely could have bobbled it the whole way. 

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Ball never lies? After the controversial call in our favor we took 2 walks but than Walker who continues to struggle everywhere strikes out and Houston hits into a double play to 2nd and we blow the chance. OSU some momentum now. 

RF dropped it. Idk what to tell you. Not one OSU fan complained. 

Just now, btownqb said:

This was right in front of me... no chance it was a "bad" call. 50-50 for sure.  But from my view and the umps he absolutely could have bobbled it the whole way. 

I'd say give the guy the benefit of the doubt for how hard we worked to catch it. Its probably 50-50 like you said and certainly controversial.