Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 3 game series @ Ohio State

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

I didn't get to watch any of the games (since I'm already paying an arm and a leg for cable, which includes BTN, I have no inclination to pay for BTN-plus), but from what I've read here, this sure sounds like a really, really disappointing series. Seems like we should've swept. ... I'd almost rather lose by 8-9 runs than blow games we should win. 

Yeah offensively we just did not have it this weekend. But OSU is certainly not a poor team. We will regroup. Need Milto though. 

Just now, Aaron said:

I am going to say it again. Btownqb you need to stop being a fan boy and criticize a bit when things go wrong and we play poorly and don't execute as we did this weekend (minimal criticism like me is fine).

Brass Cannon you need to stop being a negative Nancy and only posting when things go wrong. We had a terrible weekend but I can't say this is a second half meltdown. We absolutely need to execute with runners on base a lot better though. 

I like you both at some points and you both drive me nuts at others and need to find a middle ground like I have.

I post plenty not just when things are going poorly but this team 1 month ago was executing and making things happen. Lately they have been letting things happen to the.  That's coaching and toughness 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

I post plenty not just when things are going poorly but this team 1 month ago was executing and making things happen. Lately they have been letting things happen to the.  That's coaching and toughness 

You hardly post a nice thing and Btownqb hardly posts a negative thing and that's a fact. Both are just as bad and you both need to do a little of both like I do. Not everything in the world is black and white. 

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I am going to say it again. Btownqb you need to stop being a fan boy and criticize a bit when things go wrong and we play poorly and don't execute as we did this weekend (minimal criticism like me is fine).

Brass Cannon you need to stop being a negative Nancy and only posting when things go wrong. We had a terrible weekend but I can't say this is a second half meltdown. We absolutely need to execute with runners on base a lot better though. 

I like you both at some points and you both drive me nuts at others and need to find a middle ground like I have.

No disrespect, but I'm going to continue to post the exact same way I've always posted. The sky isn't falling and we have PLENTY of great opportunities upon us. We weren't good enough this weekend, bottom line, hats off to OSU. 

I have no interest in trying to coach this team from a message board. I'm a fan.. nothing more. I get enough coaching in with my own teams, I have no reason to criticize. 

Just now, btownqb said:

No disrespect, but I'm going to continue to post the exact same way I've always posted. The sky isn't falling and we have PLENTY of great opportunities upon us. We weren't good enough this weekend, bottom line, hats off to OSU. 

Fair enough i'm just saying its hard to watch you always post sunshine and roses and have Brass Cannon post nothing but criticism. Anyone is absolutely entitled to post how they want and I fully support that right. I like a lot of your posts and some of Brass Cannon's but you both drive me insane at times with your extreme styles.

3 minutes ago, Aaron said:

You hardly post a nice thing and Btownqb hardly posts a negative thing and that's a fact. Both are just as bad and you both need to do a little of both like I do. Not everything in the world is black and white. 

No offense man but in the last 2 weeks you have said I have said at least 3 things that I never even came close to saying. 

So I don't exactly trust your assessment of my posting. 

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Fair enough i'm just saying its hard to watch you always post sunshine and roses and have Brass Cannon post nothing but criticism. Anyone is absolutely entitled to post how they want and I fully support that right. I like a lot of your posts and some of Brass Cannon's but you both drive me insane at times with your extreme styles.

Sorry man, just have no qualifications to complain/criticize.. and I don't like hypocrites, and that's exactly what I would be if I were to complain about this team and coaching. 

I have no idea what exactly the obstacles will be... but we need to be selling beer at our sporting events NOW. OSU sold it all weekend for the baseball games.. they made $1 million profit in their football sales alone (that's what the vendor said, so he's at least got to be in the ball park). Purdue is selling it.. c'mon Mr. Glass.. make this happen. 

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I have no idea what exactly the obstacles will be... but we need to be selling beer at our sporting events NOW. OSU sold it all weekend for the baseball games.. they made $1 million profit in their football sales alone (that's what the vendor said, so he's at least got to be in the ball park). Purdue is selling it.. c'mon Mr. Glass.. make this happen. 

That doesn't surprise me. Ohio State's athletic department is vastly superior to ours.

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

That doesn't surprise me. Ohio State's athletic department is vastly superior to ours.

Their football program and being in a large city help that tremendously. 

20 hours ago, btownqb said:

Their football program and being in a large city help that tremendously. 

Size of the city has nothing to do with it. If it did, Northwestern and Rutgers would be athletic powerhouses. They've just had smarter people making smarter decisions than we have.

57 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Size of the city has nothing to do with it. If it did, Northwestern and Rutgers would be athletic powerhouses. They've just had smarter people making smarter decisions than we have.

Oh wow.. yeah size of the city has tons to do with it. Didn't say it was the only criteria. 

NW compared to OSU as far as the city they're located in is a terrible comparison. 

NW is and never will be a hot commodity in CHI.. let alone with the Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, and two MLB teams. 

OSU has to compete with a pro hockey team...