Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 3 game series @ Ohio State

Big series this weekend. Indiana (28-6, 6-2) vs Ohio State (25-10, 6-3). No Milto? Go Hoosiers!

RPI/SOS: IU 23/141, OSU 45/138

Preview  // Radio //  B1G Standings

Friday - 6:35 pm: IU - RHP Stiever (4-1, 2.78), OSU - LHP Curlis (5-1, 2.91) - Live Stats - W, 4-0

Saturday - 3:05 pm: IU - LHP Beauchamp (4-0, 2.70), OSU - RHP Feltner (4-2, 4.50) - Live Stats - L, 5-4

Sunday - 1:05 pm: IU - TBA, OSU - RHP Niemeyer (3-2, 5.53) - Live Stats - L, 6-5 in 12

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

uhhhhhh Milto???? 

Injury we have not heard about?

If so IU needs to do a better job of getting this kind of news out there. To mention nothing of Milto's problem and than put it in your press release he's not starting in passing is a disservice to your fan base. If something is indeed wrong I will be emailing the SID for baseball expressing my displeasure for how they handled this. IDS preview has Milto starting so unless something went wrong yesterday someone needs to talk to Lemonis about being honest with his injuries to media. Pretty dirty to tell IDS he's starting than find out he's not if this is case unless something happened last night.  

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

If so IU needs to do a better job of getting this kind of news out there. To mention nothing of Milto's problem and than put it in your press release he's not starting is a disservice to your fan base. If something is indeed wrong I will be emailing the SID for baseball expressing my displeasure for how they handled this.

I have no problem with it. 

Tuesday evening he was up jumping around everywhere. He's a BIG dude. Idk what it could be injury wise, and if it is... it happened in the last two days. 

Sigh. 

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I have no problem with it. 

Tuesday evening he was up jumping around everywhere. He's a BIG dude. Idk what it could be injury wise, and if it is... it happened in the last two days. 

Sigh. 

If Milto's done (and that's a big if but you always worry with pitchers) our chances of hosting a regional and getting a high seed go down big time. Hopefully whatever it is its just precautionary this weekend.

I still wish we would of gotten this from IDS in preview story unless this just happened in last day. If something's wrong to list him as not starting in your preview with no explanation is a terrible way to put the news out there and a disservice to your fan base. I actually read the preview last night and did not even see that about Milto until you mentioned it in this thread.

15 minutes ago, Aaron said:

If so IU needs to do a better job of getting this kind of news out there. To mention nothing of Milto's problem and than put it in your press release he's not starting in passing is a disservice to your fan base. If something is indeed wrong I will be emailing the SID for baseball expressing my displeasure for how they handled this. IDS preview has Milto starting so unless something went wrong yesterday someone needs to talk to Lemonis about being honest with his injuries to media. Pretty dirty to tell IDS he's starting than find out he's not if this is case unless something happened last night.  

Sounds like you may have a wager on the game Milto is pitching?  

1 minute ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Sounds like you may have a wager on the game Milto is pitching?  

No I don't bet on sports. Just want IU to be honest if there is an injury and not release the information this way which is a disservice to your fan base.

No I don't bet on sports. Just want IU to be honest if there is an injury and not release the information this way which is a disservice to your fan base.

That's fair.  But, it happens all the time, doesn't it?  Divulge as little info as possible for any slight advantage you can get. Doesn't always matter or work that way but it does happen a lot.  

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

What if they don't know anything? 

Just now, InArchWeTrust said:

That's fair.  But, it happens all the time, doesn't it?  Divulge as little info as possible for any slight advantage you can get. Doesn't always matter or work that way but it does happen a lot.  

Yes but than then the notes from IU should list Milto as starting as well if you are pulling a fake out. To tell the media he is starting on Wednesday (since the IDS put that in there preview IU must of indicated he was) and than on Friday to release in the notes he is not is a terrible way to handle things and creates the confusion we have now. Either hide the fact till Saturday when he is suppose to start or release the info to the media during the preview but don't do it this way.  

Yes but than then the notes from IU should list Milto as starting as well if you are pulling a fake out. To tell the media he is starting on Wednesday (since the IDS put that in there preview IU must of indicated he was) and than on Friday to release in the notes he is not is a terrible way to handle things and creates the confusion we have now. Either hide the fact till Saturday when he is suppose to start or release the info to the media during the preview but don't do it this way.  

Sounds like it may have just happened then.  I'm giving the staff the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.  Has this happened before?

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What if they don't know anything? 

Well clearly something is up if he is not starting. They have to have some indication of what is going on. You don't just pull your Saturday starter for no reason. The notes could of been of had something as simple as "Milto is being evaluated for an injury and we will have further comment later'

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

Well clearly something is up if he is not starting. They have to have some indication of what is going on. You don't just pull your Saturday starter for no reason. The notes could of been of had something as simple as "Milto is being evaluated for an injury and we will have further comment later'

I have no need for that information. They handle things how they handle them and I'll make my adjustments. They owe me nothing. 

2 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Sounds like it may have just happened then.  I'm giving the staff the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.  Has this happened before?

Fair enough but I hope we find out pretty fast what's happening and this still seems like a bad way to put this info out there.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I have no need for that information. They handle things how they handle them and I'll make my adjustments. They owe me nothing. 

I agree but I still don't like this being the way the info got out there. Otherwise I agree with what you are saying.

24 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Fair enough but I hope we find out pretty fast what's happening and this still seems like a bad way to put this info out there.

I certainly hope it's nothing serious. I'm worried. 

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm going to go to the game tomorrow. We just decided about 10 mins ago... Idk if I'll stay tomorrow evening in Columbus or not. Only a 2hr and 20min drive from Greenfield (where my gf lives). 

Yeah for Greenfield! That's where I grew up.