Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2019) PG - Tre Mann to Florida

7 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Offered April 17.   4- Star rating; #3 PG and #37 overall national ranking by 247.    6'1" 150 lb. PG from The Villages Charter School

January 2018 - Villages guard Tre Mann is rising up the ranks.

Ever since a strong sophomore campaign and summer with E1T1 United, the 6’4″ guard has continued to mature his game.  He has five games with 30 plus points this season including Friday’s loss to Miami Christian (at the Montverde Academy Invitational) where he netted 32 points.

I met up with Mann after the game Friday and rattled off six college programs that are showing him the most interest right now: Florida, Dayton, Memphis, Florida State, Tennessee and LSU.  He says Kentucky called him recently as well.

Mann wouldn’t point to one specific spot since his focus is on his junior season. He says he’s going to get into all the recruiting stuff at the end of AAU season.  For now, he’s simply becoming a student of the game. He told me that he watches college and NBA games whenever he can find the time.

Mann is a good kid who has his focus on basketball and academics. He wants to play at a college program that has a history of helping guys get to the league and improve along the way.  With his attacking ability, ball handling in transition and impressive outside shot, Mann will only get better from here on out.

Rivals

ESPN

January '18 Video

thank you sir for finding this

Drew Davis - Getting To Know Tre Mann

On Tuesday night, Indiana offered 2019 four-star point guard Tre Mann. Mann is ranked as the third best point guard and 37th overall player in the 247sports class of 2019 rankings. 

As a junior at Villages Charter School (Florida), Mann boasted averages of 20 points, 5.6 rebounds, 2.3 assists, and 2.0 steals.

Mann is an elite scorer and can flat out shoot the basketball. Aa a junior, Mann showed that he has extended range as he shot 37 percent from behind the three point line. Mann also has a good feel for the game as he does a good job of putting his teammates in positions to make plays.  Mann plays with tremendous bounce, and also has good length. In a November matchup against Wildwood, Mann showed off his athleticism as he took off from just inside the free throw line and threw down a one handed dunk over a defender.

Mann is said to be still growing and has recently been listed as tall as 6-foot-4, great size for a point guard. The junior guard only weighs around 160 pounds, and bulking up will make it easier for him to finish inside against real size. Mann also needs to commit himself more on the defensive end, but overall there's a lot to like about his game.

At this point the four star guard has offers from quite a few schools including Indiana, Florida, Florida State, Tennessee, LSU, and Texas A&M.

This spring Mann will be showcasing his talents on the Nike EYBL circuit where he will be playing with the E1T1. The first session of the EYBL gets underway on Friday night at the Drive Nation facility in Dallas.

Peegs.com will be in Dallas to cover Mann and the many other Hoosier prospects in that and surrounding events. This is the first of two consecutive weekends when college coaches can attend and evaluate prospects.

North Carolina offered
If he picks Carolina it will be interesting to see what Jeremiah Francis does. Could be something to keep an eye on. Francis was on the staffs radar last year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

21 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

North Carolina offered
If he picks Carolina it will be interesting to see what Jeremiah Francis does. Could be something to keep an eye on. Francis was on the staffs radar last year

I hope not.

32 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

North Carolina offered

Francis has been injured for so long, I am sure there the concerns from UNC are why they are going after Mann.