Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

AZ Hoosier

(2019) CG Jahmius Ramsey

7 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

"I thought it was a part of the college experience, just like watching it on a movie from 'He Got Game' or 'Blue Chips,'" McCants said. "... when you get to college, you don't go to class, you don't do nothing, you just show up and play. That's exactly how it was, you know, and I think that was the tradition of college basketball, or college, period, any sport. You're not there to get an education, though they tell you that."

Yup, sounds like those advisers really pulled the wool over his eyes...

What’s sad is you don’t realize how that’s still just showing how he was conditioned to be exploited and the advisors didn’t do anything to stop it and assisted. 

Especially since he’s now suing them along with other players for not providing him the education. 

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Peoples brains aren’t fully developed until 25 which effects decision making and long term planning. As well as weighing risk. So I don’t think any teenager should be making decisions about their future without an advisor. Schools recognize this and provide that service.  

Problem is that with these athletes there are for more people looking to exploit them and often times they have the same title that their non athlete peers rely on for sound advice. These athletes at UNC were steered to the sham classes by advisors who assured them it was in their best interest. It wasn’t it was just them being exploited.  So now these kids killed themselves for 4 years to make a bunch of people rich and they have a degree they might as well recycle and no money  

So not sure why you are opposed to protecting kids from exploitation but pretty heartless. 

Killed themselves? You mean basketball practice and classes? LOL

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

If 19 year old kids know what they are doing then how come IU has hundreds of advisors?  Not to mention professors that serve as mentors. 

And if 19 year old kids have it all figured out why don’t we let them decide the next election. Just have everybody else set it out?

A 19 year old might not know when it comes to a major the in's and out's of prerequisites and requirements, electives and such, so advisers help a kid towards a proper path. But when you sit in a sham class with no tests, no papers, no grades, you know it's a sham. 

When my adviser chose fencing for me, and showed my class schedule, that was my last trip to an academic adviser 

We don’t trust them to drink alcohol responsibly yet they are responsible enough to realize they are being scammed. Lol that’s rich. 
They are responsible and intelligent enough to operate or work on multi million dollar military equipment and serve in the military, so they are responsible and intelligent enough to know they are taking sham classes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Who said anything about 20?  25 is when a person brain is fully developed. Prior to that you don’t guage risk correctly and assume everything will go right. 

It’s why young people think they are invincible. 

Anybody who thinks these kids have a clue about the real world works needs to watch Last Chance U. A lot of these kids have never been taught the value of an education so of course they aren’t going to value it. Which makes it that much easier to exploit them. 

And just saying oh these kids make choices is weak. A system has been created to take advantage of them. And you blame them for being taken advantage   What was it 6 years ago players were going hungry while other people were making millions. 

Why don't we keep high school going another 7 years and then start college at 25, if that's the case?

I'm not so sure it's brain development, or mounting evidence that your decisions were wrong, for people to "grow up". If you default on your credit card at 18, your next credit card you might use a little more responsibly, even if you're only 22 when you get it.

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

What’s sad is you don’t realize how that’s still just showing how he was conditioned to be exploited and the advisors didn’t do anything to stop it and assisted. 

Especially since he’s now suing them along with other players for not providing him the education. 

So what you're telling me here is that he literally had no other choice but to enroll in sham classes? Things must have really changed a lot in the 3 year difference between the time he and I went to college. I distinctly remember being able to choose my own major. He must've been absolutely distraught when he found out he was being forced into a program where he didn't have to go to class or do any homework for those passing grades. Lord knows he shouldn't have to bear any semblance of personal responsibility.  

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’m usually not one to talk about getting back on topic. But yeah this money debate is past old. I’d like to read stuff on Jahmius Ramsey

I heard Jahmius Ramsey is a victim of an antiquated amateur sports organization that pays everyone but the underprivileged and woefully disorganized class of persons providing the talent and won't receive his fair compensation through legitimate means, if at all.  

5 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol you have facts but can’t be bothered to state them.  Hmm I’m skeptical but I’m sure they are real just like Jan Brady’s boyfriend George Glass. 

Do you think bolding a single word somehow makes a sentence with no substance mean something’s. 

And yes you are entitled to an opinion. But one that lacks substance and supporting logic and facts is called uninformed. And that’s what yours appears to be

it's Fred Glass....gall

2 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

A 19 year old might not know when it comes to a major the in's and out's of prerequisites and requirements, electives and such, so advisers help a kid towards a proper path. But when you sit in a sham class with no tests, no papers, no grades, you know it's a sham. 

When my adviser chose fencing for me, and showed my class schedule, that was my last trip to an academic adviser 

Fencing?  Why didn't you take a stab at it?  Your adviser may have had a good point!  Fencing puns, I'll leave now...

4 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Fencing?  Why didn't you take a stab at it?  Your adviser may have had a good point!  Fencing puns, I'll leave now...

I'm from Southern Indiana, I thought it was a Purdue-like agriculture course. Touche'. Get it, Touche'??

Is he actually going to Hoosier Hysteria?

Hope so, and sees the treatment Romeo gets and falls in love with the environment.

I want this kid bad, but he just doesn't seem like the type of kid that comes to IU.  But the last time I said that was during Thomas Bryant's recruitment, so you never know.

Is he actually going to Hoosier Hysteria?
Hope so, and sees the treatment Romeo gets and falls in love with the environment.
I want this kid bad, but he just doesn't seem like the type of kid that comes to IU.  But the last time I said that was during Thomas Bryant's recruitment, so you never know.

Feel the same way...gonna be tough to get him out of the state of Texas. With this year's outrageous Hoosier Hysteria budget it sounds like they're going to pull out all the stops. Let's hope it's enough to get him seriously thinking about donning the candy stripes!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app