Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE vs Notre Dame

Nice win and great to finally see team in person!

I am amazed Herrin has turned it around so much recently since I have never been a fan but wow he has delivered recently and proved me wrong! I had the perfect view of the Fineman HR (upper level behind 1st base since I prefer to be higher for the aerial view) and caught a foul ball for first time in many years (it actually deflected off the back suites and landed in a cup holder four rows behind me but I had the section I was in almost to my self so easy get).

Had a great time (besides the cold) and hopefully can finally make it down to Bloomington for a game in the next few weeks before the season ends and will continue to watch on BTN2go as I have all year. Either way I will definitely go to Regionals if its anywhere within driving distance whether that be Btown, Lexington, Vandy Louisville or anywhere else within 4-5 hours.

45 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It was reported the attendance was just over 4,000... which seems fairly close. I would be willing to bet there would have been 6,000-7,000 if it would have been warm. 

Again I hate how much weather has kept attendance down. They announced 4,100 which was less than the tickets sold a few days ago (I counted on the website by section and almost 5,000 had been sold as off Sunday) so clearly that's the actual number through the door and there were no shows due to the bitter cold which I don't blame anyone for. I was freezing by the end and literally shivering and even came down under the covered area the last 2 innings and watched from the back of the bottom level. This was a game that would of drawn 6 to 8,000 (like the first three years) easily with better weather especially given the hype around the team this year. Its a shame we keep getting so unlucky with mother nature. With that said was very happy how much noise was made by our group of fans behind third base with various different IU chants throughout the game. The one's who did make it absolutely were into the game and it was 90% IU fans or more which was even better.  

5 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Again I hate how much weather has kept attendance down. They announced 4,100 which was less than the tickets sold a few days ago (I counted on the website by section and almost 5,000 had been sold as off Sunday) so clearly that's the actual number through the door and there were no shows due to the bitter cold which I don't blame anyone for. I was freezing by the end and literally shivering and even came down under the covered area the last 2 innings and watched from the back of the bottom level. This was a game that would of drawn 6 to 8,000 (like the first three years) easily with better weather especially given the hype around the team this year. Its a shame we keep getting so unlucky with mother nature. With that said was very happy how much noise was made by our group of fans behind third base with IU chants throughout the game. The one's who did make it absolutely were into the game and it was 90% IU fans or more which was even better.  

Yeah I sat right in that section. The guy from IUbase.com was annoying in the 8th while he was riding the umpire. No need for that. 

Did you not wear enough clothing?? lol... I had on my upper and bottom tights, sweat pants, long sleeve pullover, two pairs of socks, park, gloves, and a sockcap. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Yeah I sat right in that section. The guy from IUbase.com was annoying in the 8th while he was riding the umpire. No need for that. 

Did you not wear enough clothing?? lol... I had on my upper and bottom tights, sweat pants, long sleeve pullover, two pairs of socks, park, gloves, and a sockcap. 

I was very bundled up. Jogging pants and jeans on my legs and plain white short sleeve shirt, long sleeve IU shirt, IU hoody and winter jacket on body. It was that cold after the sun went down (first 6 innings during light I was comfortable) and I am a tall and thin guy so I get cold very easily.

I noticed Brian Tonsoni and the IU base guys in those sections when I walked by on the concourse above. Love their passion and all the cheers they were leading which got a lot of the lower level going but you are right riding the ump was to much.

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I was very bundled up. Jogging pants and jeans on my legs and plain white short sleeve shirt, long sleeve IU shirt, IU hoody and winter jacket on body. It was that cold after the sun went down (first 6 innings during light I was comfortable) and I am a tall and thin guy so I get cold very easily.

I noticed Brian Tonsoni and the IU base guys in those sections when I walked by on the concourse above. Love their passion and all the cheers they were leading which got a lot of the lower level going but you are right riding the ump was to much.

right.. I mean a little bit of it was funny, just not my kind of thing. My girlfriends dad bought us tickets for $8 a piece. I will be attending this event from now on, as long as I can make it work in the middle of the week.