Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Cheaney40

Last Days Of Knight

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

yeah, I can see that.  I've heard they were broken up before the accident but who knows for sure.

either way, its hard to indict Recker on this.  Most college relationships don't make it under the best of circumstances.   The accident wasn't Recker's fault.  Its really just a painful, awful situation.  It would have been storybook for Recker to rekindle/maintain things but its hard to call him a loathsome human because of it.  

and maybe he is........but didn't know if you knew more than I did.

My opinion. No one else needs to feel obligated to hold it.

Did anyone else notice in the interview with Neil Reed ,before and after watching the video, he said several times “I remember people pushing us off each other.” While there was clearly no one pushing them off each other. Reed looked very sad and confused while watching the video. Makes me wonder if that’s not even the choking incident Reed was referring to. But I guess we will never know.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 hours ago, barrettballer said:

Did anyone else notice in the interview with Neil Reed ,before and after watching the video, he said several times “I remember people pushing us off each other.” While there was clearly no one pushing them off each other. Reed looked very sad and confused while watching the video. Makes me wonder if that’s not even the choking incident Reed was referring to. But I guess we will never know.

I wondered the same thing .... though they did say the tape cut off right after he took his hand off his throat.  I wondered if he went back at him ....or was Neil's mind just playing games with him?  I don't know but he definitely looked confused as to why he was remembering it differently ..... he didn't look like a kid who was caught up in a lie ... or even stretching the truth ..

Coach Knight was a great coach.

The biggest thing I came away with from watching that 30/30 was a lot of respect for Reed and his family. He was the poster child for a coach Knight player and his mentor turned on him.

I truly think coach Knight was off the rails and I’m a big Knight supporter. He lost his way somewhere and lost what was important. He started believing he was bigger than the team and the  school (hell maybe the state). Unfortantly, IU allowed that behavior until it wasn’t good for IU.

I work with Recker now. He’s an awesome awesome guy. Figured it needed to be said here :)

Loved him. My email is still recker on yahoo.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Coach Knight was a great coach.
The biggest thing I came away with from watching that 30/30 was a lot of respect for Reed and his family. He was the poster child for a coach Knight player and his mentor turned on him.
I truly think coach Knight was off the rails and I’m a big Knight supporter. He lost his way somewhere and lost what was important. He started believing he was bigger than the team and the  school (hell maybe the state). Unfortantly, IU allowed that behavior until it wasn’t good for IU.

Not sure he lost his way. He had been doing this for decades but he was winning big so it was brushed aside. Also, kids put up with it a lot more in the 70's and 80's. It was just seen as hard discipline. Heck I had teachers pick me up by the hair in Catholic school in the 80's. We never though anything of it to be honest.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

After the talk of Recker and his ex girlfriend the IU cheerleader I googled them and found an amazing story about her. Everyone should give it a read

http://wgntv.com/2015/07/14/16-years-after-devastating-accident-a-story-of-love-courage/

That's a pretty remarkable story ... thanks for sharing