Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Magnanimous

Comcast dropping the BTN

4 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

The Big Ten has several schools with massive alumni bases stretched across the nation. I think Penn State and Indiana are the two biggest with Ohio state, Michigan and Michigan State being well up there as well. Kinda surprising a company would tell all those people in non B1G states to basically go elsewhere with their business.

Well they have to pay to show the Big Ten network. 

Probably banking on coming out on the top of this deal. 

The Big Ten really needs to just offer a legit streaming service would gladly pay 10 bucks a month to stream the network. 

15 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Looks like I’m losing BTN in Florida.
How does YouTube tv help?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

15 hours ago, yogisballin said:

Yeah I’m in Kentucky so I’ll be ****ed! How does YouTube TV help?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

YouTube TV is an online cable streaming service. My Smart TV actually has an app on it's menu so I don't need any other sources such as a RoKu stick, Apple TV, etc. 

It's best if your internet service is quick and reliable. I currently have 75mbps through Comcast and my YouTube TV never lags at all. Every channel is HD and the menu is easy to navigate. I have all the channels I need in HD 

Local HD, ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN U, BTN, NBC Chicago, FOX SPORTS INDIANA, TNT, USA, NBA NETWORK, MLB NETWORK, ETC.

https://tv.youtube.com/

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

YouTube TV is an online cable streaming service. My Smart TV actually has an app on it's menu so I don't need any other sources such as a RoKu stick, Apple TV, etc. 

It's best if your internet service is quick and reliable. I currently have 75mbps through Comcast and my YouTube TV never lags at all. Every channel is HD and the menu is easy to navigate. I have all the channels I need in HD 

Local HD, ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN U, BTN, NBC Chicago, FOX SPORTS INDIANA, TNT, USA, NBA NETWORK, MLB NETWORK, ETC.

https://tv.youtube.com/

I switched from Comcast to YouTube tv about a month ago and have been pretty happy so far. Huge savings and more sports content than before. Streaming is probably the future of tv.

8 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I switched from Comcast to YouTube tv about a month ago and have been pretty happy so far. Huge savings and more sports content than before. Streaming is probably the future of tv.

Is there an on-demand or DVR function for YouTube TV?

12 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Is there an on-demand or DVR function for YouTube TV?

There is a recording option. I haven't used it yet but it looks pretty easy to use. The YouTube tv website explains all the features and the current channel lineup. It's definitely worth checking out. I also added antennas to all of my tv's and find I'm watching more over the air stuff than I had imagined. Between the two I'm pretty well covered.

49 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Unfortunately, YouTubeTV is not available in my area.  :(

58 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Yep Yep. I pay $35 bucks a month on top of my $100 dollar internet bill, it's worth it. 

Unfortunately, YouTubeTV is not available in my area.  :(

A lot of different options.

PlayStation Vue
DirecTV Now
Hulu Live
Dish Sling TV

Here is a good article comparing the top streaming services.
http://www.businessinsider.com/streaming-services-comparison-hulu-youtube-tv-sling-directv-now-playstation-vue-fubo-2017-8

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

FWIW - In a statement, the Big Ten Network voices its “disappointment” and “frustration” in Comcast’s decision to drop BTN in non-league markets across the country. Statement is from Jordan Maleh, BTN’s director of digital marketing and communications.

DasDQkeWkAUDy5j.jpg

I can honestly say I am stunned by this. Dealing first hand with the standoff that occurred 10 yrs ago and left BTN off Comcast for a year I honestly thought it would be a long time before a deal was reached. Introduce cord cutting into the equation now (which I did myself this summer) and I did not think Comcast would be in any hurry to get a deal done. 

I am glad I was wrong and am happy all of my fellow IU fans who still have cable can watch. This is no small feet and congrats to the Big Ten on getting this done.