Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Magnanimous

Comcast dropping the BTN

Pretty big blow to the Big Ten's revenue model. Comcast is the biggest cable provider in the country with over 22 million customers. This will apply to all customers in May, and has already started for states outside of the Big Ten footprint. Link

Some people followed up with Comcast and Comcast says that all states in the BTN area will continue receive BTN it they are dropping it in non Big Ten states

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

23 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Some people followed up with Comcast and Comcast says that all states in the BTN area will continue receive BTN it they are dropping it in non Big Ten states

Is this official? From what I read they're dropping it completely in May, and immediately for non--B1G states.

Is this official? From what I read they're dropping it completely in May, and immediately for non--B1G states.

The out-of-market Big Ten Network feed, which was carried on Sports & Entertainment pkg in non-Big Ten states, was dropped in some areas. Big Ten Network in-market feed, available to customers in Big Ten states in the regular channel line-up, will continue to be available. -Cece
@comcast

This past season I subscribed to PS Vue so that I could get ESPN, FSN, and BTN (I am a "cord cutter") and it generally worked pretty well.  One thing I found was that the B10 games on the BTN app often had mediocre picture quality, but I could watch those same games on the Fox Sports app (Fox carried the BTN games) with a much better picture.

Does anybody know if you can watch the BTN games on Fox Sports without having access to BTN?  I believe there may be an option or two to purchase a package with Fox Sports that doesn't include BTN.

1 hour ago, Capt. Crimson said:

YoutubeTV is its own TV service now. I have DirecTVNow and watch games on my phone if I want. It’s pretty nice. Otherwise it’s just an app on my Apple TV.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You must work for geek squad!  
devsupport :farting_smiley: