Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Cheaney40

Juwan Morgan RETURNING For Senior Season

Juwan Morgan will be back. His stock will undeniably go up next year with Romeo

Did Miles Bridges’ and Grayson Allen’s stock go up?

Juwan will need to make some major leaps to demonstrate NBA readiness/draft worthiness. I think he’s at the point where going to the G League will make just as much sense in the long term as staying a year at Indiana. Romeo will certainly help spread the floor for Juwan, but it’ll be interesting to see if Juwan takes a big step forward on defense or as a 3PT threat. That’s what will open NBA scouts’ eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Juwan will need to make some major leaps to demonstrate NBA readiness/draft worthiness. I think he’s at the point where going to the G League will make just as much sense in the long term as staying a year at Indiana. Romeo will certainly help spread the floor for Juwan, but it’ll be interesting to see if Juwan takes a big step forward on defense or as a 3PT threat. That’s what will open NBA scouts’ eyes.

I’ll give you Miles Bridges. His stock went down the drain this season. Not for sure with Grayson Allen. He’ll still be on an NBA team just because of his shooting ability. Like JJ Reddick

And on Juwan, I think he’ll be better due to the fact he won’t be the focal point of the offense. Teams knew last year that if Juwan was shut down, IU was very beatable. That won’t be the case this next season. There’ll be a lot more threats on the court besides him. I think in turn that will make Juwan better. And to add to defense and 3PT shooting, FT shooting needs to improve as well

24 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’ll give you Miles Bridges. His stock went down the drain this season. Not for sure with Grayson Allen. He’ll still be on an NBA team just because of his shooting ability. Like JJ Reddick

And on Juwan, I think he’ll be better due to the fact he won’t be the focal point of the offense. Teams knew last year that if Juwan was shut down, IU was very beatable. That won’t be the case this next season. There’ll be a lot more threats on the court besides him. I think in turn that will make Juwan better. And to add to defense and 3PT shooting, FT shooting needs to improve as well

Miles Bridges' stock didn't "go down the drain". 

7 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Compared to his freshman season. Yes it did

No it didn't? He's a projected lottery pick just like last year. He was projected around #10 last year, now he's projected in the 13-14 range. That's hardly "going down the drain".

My point was that it’s never a guarantee that your stock improves, citing “more talented/hyped” players than Juwan playing on better teams as an example. I also think there are individual facets of Juwan’s game that need improvement that won’t be suddenly there because of the addition of more talent.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Not quite the same as "probably not drafted" raising his stock and a probable lottery pick raising his stock.

Phinisee

Langford

Morgan

Smith

Davis

Yeah. I'd take my chances with that.    That's a ton of length and talent, and both front and back court are STRONG.  Green, Durham, McRoberts, Thompson, and the other freshmen? (And Moore if he figures out he can make physical contact with another player)   We're a national contender.  Immediately.

2 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Phinisee

Langford

Morgan

Smith

Davis

Yeah. I'd take my chances with that.    That's a ton of length and talent, and both front and back court are STRONG.  Green, Durham, McRoberts, Thompson, and the other freshmen? (And Moore if he figures out he can make physical contact with another player)   We're a national contender.  Immediately.

Davis is coming off of a major, debilitating injury that will only exacerbate his biggest weakness as a player.

Evan Fitzner has a much better chance to start, and he hasn't committed to IU yet. 

34 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Phinisee

Langford

Morgan

Smith

Davis

I like this lineup unless Davis isn’t healthy, and I give high flying Forrester and Thompson plenty of early minutes. You have to consider Hunter gets minutes with Anderson and Romeo sliding over to 1. Green may be the odd man out esp if Durham continues to improve shooting. Green will need to shine early with less turnovers and mental lapses, and we upgraded his position x 2.

31 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Davis is coming off of a major, debilitating injury that will only exacerbate his biggest weakness as a player.

Evan Fitzner has a much better chance to start, and he hasn't committed to IU yet. 

Depends on how fast he heals and how good his rehab team is.   I know a couple of basketball players who tore achilles tendons who played in 7 months.  That'd put him back on the floor in September or so.  His weakness was exacerbated last season with no quickness around him, a very poor back court early on in the season, and a team that struggled to learn a new system.   He'd be just fine (assuming full recovery, which I obviously did) with that group around him.   If we somehow get Fitzner, I might agree; but for now.....I'll stick with this.

1 minute ago, Old Friend said:

Depends on how fast he heals and how good his rehab team is.   I know a couple of basketball players who tore achilles tendons who played in 7 months.  That'd put him back on the floor in September or so.  His weakness was exacerbated last season with no quickness around him, a very poor back court early on in the season, and a team that struggled to learn a new system.   He'd be just fine (assuming full recovery, which I obviously did) with that group around him.   If we somehow get Fitzner, I might agree; but for now.....I'll stick with this.

That's a pretty optimistic view of Davis's ability to come back with the athleticism necessary to defend in Archie's system. 

Hope you're right, but I'm definitely in the "glass half empty" crowd on this one.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That's a pretty optimistic view of Davis's ability to come back with the athleticism necessary to defend in Archie's system. 

Hope you're right, but I'm definitely in the "glass half empty" crowd on this one.

Optimism comes simply from knowing people who have come back from that injury and been effective.   Maybe Davis comes back as nothing more than a role player.   I could change his name to Hunter or Thompson and feel equally good about where they are next season.   As long as we can remove McRoberts from the starting lineup and make him a role player; add some scoring ability and athleticism into the starting front court, I believe Indiana will be a far better team this season than last.

Has Juwan been invited to the combine/camps?  I heard that the 50 or so invites were to go out this past weekend but hadn't heard if Morgan was one of them. (I don't even know if there is such a 'combine' or invitation).  One would think that if this is true that those 50 would likely comprise much of the first two rounds of the NBA draft.