Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Cheaney40

Juwan Morgan RETURNING For Senior Season

11 hours ago, 8bucks said:

True but OAD players who may not want to go to college might look at the G League + shoe money and go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agree, though I was more referring to a guy like Juwan, not a guy like Darius Bazely. I do wonder what Bazely will get, he’s not remotely a household name. He’ll get some press for being the first guy to do what he’s doing, but he doesn’t/won’t have the name recognition of a Reddish or Zion Williamson. 

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Timely comment.  Just within the last week or two, one of the coaches of a D1 women's program made that very statement and advocated for a reduction to 10 for the very reasons you cited.

That would definitely create a lot more parody.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Agree, though I was more referring to a guy like Juwan, not a guy like Darius Bazely. I do wonder what Bazely will get, he’s not remotely a household name. He’ll get some press for being the first guy to do what he’s doing, but he doesn’t/won’t have the name recognition of a Reddish or Zion Williamson. 

I really only know Cam Reddish from being on Jake Forrester's high school team and playing with Romeo in the McD's game.  Is she any good?

True - they could now get the shoe money legally.

Actually wasn’t referring to sponsorships either - I’m not sure how many are sponsored in any way to be honest. I was think more about the two-contracts for which you are paid much much better. A fringe NBA player like Juwan could likely land one.

That would be a major bummer.

Agreed. I'm hoping it's just a whole lot of speculative conversation and nothing more. I would think if the Langford recruitment had that much to do with a decision like that we would have heard something through the BTB grapevine. Maybe not, I don't know. I just think that conversation would have surfaced somewhere before now if there was much validity to it.