Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Cheaney40

Juwan Morgan RETURNING For Senior Season

6 minutes ago, RealIU said:

Why and how is playing for IU a good thing for Juwan when he has possibly a better opportunity for his personal well-being. Him staying and playing an extra year only benefits fans of IU basketball, that’s it. Like I said before if he gets invited to the combine, it’s a wrap, unless he wants to come back and it won’t be because there was no NBA opportunity. Think currently NBA so called experts don’t have him list in the top 100, if the combine invite comes, you know the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Okay, we've established the fact that you believe if he gets a combine invite, he's gone. Why are you so convinced he'll get a combine invite? Please don't use Dakich as a source or I'll have to laugh hysterically at you and post other rude comments questioning what's higher, your IQ or the temperature outside today.

5 minutes ago, RealIU said:

Why and how is playing for IU a good thing for Juwan when he has possibly a better opportunity for his personal well-being. Him staying and playing an extra year only benefits fans of IU basketball, that’s it. Like I said before if he gets invited to the combine, it’s a wrap, unless he wants to come back and it won’t be because there was no NBA opportunity. Think currently NBA so called experts don’t have him list in the top 100, if the combine invite comes, you know the rest.

Why what?  

I've seen no mention of him graduating, so no.. playing another year wouldn't only benefit IU. I do think the Gleague is a good opportunity.. but he still has a ton to prove. And again..  winning and being on a possibly ultra successful IU team his SR year has to come into play 

I understand that, but I’m telling you that he was informed of the NBA’ s interest in him and that is why he declared. Declaring was not in his original plans. After doing my investigation I found this out and I can say to you that I listened to Dakich and talk about Juwan and this is one of the first times he was not talking out his a**. Trust me Mr. Dallas, I would not post this info based off of opinion, this is information based. I will continue to say if he makes the combine, he is gone!!! Multiple scouts are interested, if people are upset when he signs with an agent you can blame pieces of the last coaching staff.

Seems like u have an agenda, and are getting madder every post.

How would u know he signed a new lease? Oh ya, you don’t. Cuz nba scouts wouldn’t talk about something so personal.

Seems like u have an agenda, and are getting madder every post.

How would u know he signed a new lease? Oh ya, you don’t. Cuz nba scouts wouldn’t talk about something so personal.

That was actually talked about on this site a few weeks back

There is no agenda sir, and there are no feelings to my post just want you to be prepared for the worst case scenario. Like I said I rarely hear Dakich speak truth he is usually trying to be spiteful to draw attention to his show. I can see the ideal of Juwan turning pro upsetting the fan base with him staying having recruiting implications. Dakich isn’t Just talking he knows that NBA reps are saying great things about Juwan, he is being marketed!

Is he being marketed then by the current staff?

So, Juwan 'isnt in the top 100 by NBA' scouts....Dan Dakich talks out of @$$, but not this time!....no mocks have him in the draft because, well, there aren't many 6'7" power forwards in the NBA.....

Believe me, with every inside information that gets out on the internet today, something as innocuous as 'some NBA draft scouts think Juwan Morgan might get a combine invite' seems like something that people wouldn't exactly trying to keep a secret.  I'mma calling BS.

There is no agenda sir, and there are no feelings to my post just want you to be prepared for the worst case scenario. Like I said I rarely hear Dakich speak truth he is usually trying to be spiteful to draw attention to his show. I can see the ideal of Juwan turning pro upsetting the fan base with him staying having recruiting implications. Dakich isn’t Just talking he knows that NBA reps are saying great things about Juwan, he is being marketed!

Totally fair, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Can you answer my question about why would a nba scout know about juwan’s new lease? Seems odd for a scout to ask about this

22 hours ago, Hoosier1984 said:

My only worry is he is going to be told that his shot needs to improve and he is going to spend next year shooting more jump shots and not down low where he was dominant this year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Glass half full:  he's told that and works on hard in the offseason and improves on the shot.  One thing that I am a little concerned with is when Davis comes back how he and Morgan co-exist offensively.  IMO, we were underwhelming last year when they were on the court at the same time.

6 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Glass half full:  he's told that and works on hard in the offseason and improves on the shot.  One thing that I am a little concerned with is when Davis comes back how he and Morgan co-exist offensively.  IMO, we were underwhelming last year when they were on the court at the same time.

Yeah I'm not sure how much Deron really plays next year tbh

11 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

YES

The lease 'issue' is just silly.  In a college town like Bloomington, all attractive housing opportunities are going to get picked up.  And the assumption that signing a lease meant that Morgan wasn't ever going to get his talent evaluated after the season is simply a false narrative.  What's more likely is that there was an actual discussion between Morgan and the landlord of his intentions -- that he was going to put his name in the draft to see what he worked on but most likely return to school.

A landlord renting to a junior basketball player in the town of Bloomington isn't oblivious.  There is no way that this would end up with Morgan signing a lease, turning pro, and then paying a year's rent for an apartment he ends up never living in.

BTW, if he did in fact sign a lease that is more of indication that he intends to come back....not that he intends to leave.

When you hear 'he signed a lease', which is the more logical narrative?

A.  He intends to play at IU next year but wants to know what he needs to work on and puts his name in the draft 

or 

B. He wasn't going to put his name in, and despite not being 'in NBA team's top 100', he started hearing from teams that he was a draftable player and could make a roster.

I'm going with option A.