Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Cheaney40

Juwan Morgan RETURNING For Senior Season

Once again, if you think the timing of some Romeo news developing and Juwan finally announcing he’s submitting his name to the draft is just a coincidence, you’re fooling yourself. This all feels heavily calculated, and based on the burst recruitment we saw last summer and burst recruitment Chris007 is hinting at this summer, I’d say we’re seeing Archie’s coordination playing out every step of the way.

Now, let’s assume I’m wrong. This isn’t coordinated. I’m still not worried.

Juwan is not an NBA Draft prospect right now. He showed that he can definitely play at the next level, in my opinion, but he’s a guy that isn’t worth a draft pick. If he comes back, develops his handles, demonstrates a consistent ability to hit threes, and just dominates defensively, then I think he becomes a draft pick in 2019. I’m very confident NBA scouts will tell him the same thing.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

I do not think the Romeo's stuff has anything to do with Juwan.
Romeo is announcing April 30th.
Juwan will not get feedback until May.  If he happens to get positive comments he will go out (doubt that will happen).
The timing of Juwan's decision does not match up with Romeo's decision.

Is the nba feedback around the time of the combine ? 1st week May. Cuz my understanding is not everyone is invited who declares. I wonder if comes back before April 30

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, dallas44~ said:

Is the nba feedback around the time of the combine ? 1st week May. Cuz my understanding is not everyone is invited who declares. I wonder if comes back before April 30

Robert Johnson announced he was returning to Indiana on May 16th.

1 hour ago, dallas44~ said:

Was RJ invited to the nba combine though? That would clear up our quest for answers lol. I’m 95% sure he’s back. But I said same thing about jbj and Troy too. So idk

Doesn't look like RJ or Blackmon were invited to the combine.  It was May 9th-14th and I'm sure non-invitees were evaluated around the same time, with RJ getting enough feedback to return on the 16th. Blackmon, however announced he was staying in on May 7th, before the combine.

Usually it depends on the combine invite, it begins mid May and players meet with scouts and team representatives, like mid level executives who are trusted to provide information to each teams scouting department head. I’m very familiar with this process, due to my having a sibling who went through the old pro process and now is employed by a professional franchise and a nephew that is a current professional player. I am told that Juwan is definitely one that will be watched closely, scouts love his versatility. Specifically his ball handling and take it for what it’s worth he has been watched since last year while teams were watching TB & OG. I think this is great for Juwan he deserves the opportunity to pursue his dreams even if it hurts IU’s chances in the future.  

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Watch closely meaning he could be drafted? I didn’t see Juwan in any top 100 rankings.

.300 from 3 needs to improve for legit nba shot imo. If he works on his pick and pop game/ shoot .370 from 3 he is an early 2nd rounder at worst next year.

1 hour ago, RealIU said:

Let me be clear, if he gets an invite to the combine he is a highly considered and option for a great number of teams. I don’t see him coming back after being invited if he checks out physically. If he does however come back it is totally his decision and won’t be because the option to be drafted wasn’t there.

I'd be really surprised if he gets a combine invite. 

I think there's two parts to this..

1) he wants feedback from professionals but will ultimately return for his senior year

2) this was announced after all the Romeo hype. I don't think that's a coincidence. Why not announce several weeks ago if you're not hiring an agent?

I read some NBA scouts’ evaluations of Juwan and they all thought he should come back for his senior season. If Romeo is truly coming, Juwan has to know next season could be special.

Saw that on peegs to. I respect RealIU’s opinion. Just don’t see how he turns down contending for a b10 title while improving his stock vs playing in g-league

All I’m saying if he gets a combine invite, there is an over 60% chance he won’t be back. He is quietly adored, by some NBA reps!!! Take this as you choose, I specifically checked on him. I would also like to say that Tom Crean is well connected in the NBA world. I find it odd though, but there is a high percentage of those who respect his evaluation of some prospects.

Any chance some quietly adore him AND look forward to next year when he is ready to enter the draft?

You read websites, displaying evaluations that were created by regulars, if they had any NBA ties then there would be no need for teams to spend millions scouting. Think about this, why would Juwan wait until yesterday to make it public. He was never going to initially consider it. Trust when I say he was advised something, I mean not from the coaches or his family, he is aware that there are some teams that are interested in seeing him up close.

The peegs article quoted nba scouts. Saying he needed to come back. It wasn’t some draft express article

54 minutes ago, RealIU said:

You read websites, displaying evaluations that were created by regulars, if they had any NBA ties then there would be no need for teams to spend millions scouting. Think about this, why would Juwan wait until yesterday to make it public. He was never going to initially consider it. Trust when I say he was advised something, I mean not from the coaches or his family, he is aware that there are some teams that are interested in seeing him up close.

Uh yeah.. don't buy that at all

2 minutes ago, dallas44~ said:

I think this was always his plan. Get free feedback and come back to iu. Better than the g-leago

I'm not going to get in the Gleague discussion, but... playing for IU this coming year could be the most successful team he plays on in his career. Pro or not... knowing Juwan, I think that matters to him. 

Said it yesterday, I'll say it again...I really, really hope Juwan is the last player we have to go through this with. I know we'll lose good players to the NBA early; that's a by-product of success in today's game. But if Juwan leaves and isn't drafted, this would be the third year in a row we had a junior leave early and go undrafted. I'm just tired of it. It's one of the main reasons I'm glad Crean is gone.