Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Cheaney40

Juwan Morgan RETURNING For Senior Season

Tomorrow is the annual IU Alumni Association outing at Huber Winery.  It would be so cool if Archie had Juwan with him to get a huge ovation and then Archie's opening remarks were "I told you last year I knew where New Albany was!"

23 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

I said it earlier that if Juwan should be back that he and Romeo could be a tandem in the same form of Gordon and White. So we're now 2-2 on positive off-season developments. To make it 3-3 we just need three months of Green learning how to not play hero ball and I think we'll have a squad next year. 

Gordon and White had some pretty decent talent around them. Unfortunately, most of those dudes were stoned out of their gourds a good bit of the of the time! 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep. Fully expect him to have worked on his 3 ball

I edited my original...meant he was an NBA 3.  Typo.   And yes....I suppose he is already working hard on his 3 ball....transition, catch and shoot, off the dribble, etc.

Honestly impossible not to be excited for next season.  The quality and depth of our bench is so vastly improved.  We may not be deep by any stretch of the imagination but our depth is so much better than it has been in previous years.  

Archie rewards players that play smart and hard.  Could be the beginning of something special in Bloomington.

We must have players buying in to the defensive end though because we still aren't Duke or UK or Kansas in talent offensively.  

I know a lot of people don't care about media projections and magazines and such, but I am very curious where we will be ranked/rated by these services considering our roster.  

I think our roster believes we are a top 20 team or better.  Curious to see if the Media agrees.  

31 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I know a lot of people don't care about media projections and magazines and such, but I am very curious where we will be ranked/rated by these services considering our roster.  

I think our roster believes we are a top 20 team or better.  Curious to see if the Media agrees.  

Let's just beat some in state teams first and go from there. 

Having Romeo around will be huge for Juwan. Teams will no longer be able to double Juwan and have him as the center of their gameplan. In a way I guess it works for each player. If they pay too much attention to Romeo Juwan will just do what he did last year.  This will be quite the 1-2 combo and like others have mentioned if we can get a consistent 3rd scorer (Green?) this team is going to do big things.

Having Romeo around will be huge for Juwan. Teams will no longer be able to double Juwan and have him as the center of their gameplan. In a way I guess it works for each player. If they pay too much attention to Romeo Juwan will just do what he did last year.  This will be quite the 1-2 combo and like others have mentioned if we can get a consistent 3rd scorer (Green?) this team is going to do big things.
Greene and smith i look to be scorers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app