Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Cheaney40

Juwan Morgan RETURNING For Senior Season

On 5/4/2018 at 7:24 PM, DChoosier said:

Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought it was recommended to always get vaccinated when going to Kentucky.

They actually say you can get this hepatitis outbreak through heredity — have to have gotten it from a family member.  That means 100% of Kentucky has it.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Unless you and your cousin reeaaaaally wanna get married.

Actually, Kentucky would not be the state to go marry your first cousin as Kentucky, along with Ohio and Nevada, have the strictest laws regarding marrying cousins. Marrying your first cousin or first cousin once removed (child of first cousin) is not allowed in Kentucky. Indiana, on the other hand, will allow first cousins to marry if they are both age 65 and/or infertile. How do I know this? Lost a bet with my wife who is from Kentucky!

Now sister marryin' Big Blue hilljacks....that's another story!!!

Sent from my GT-P5113 using BtownBanners mobile app

Actually, Kentucky would not be the state to go marry your first cousin as Kentucky, along with Ohio and Nevada, have the strictest laws regarding marrying cousins. Marrying your first cousin or first cousin once removed (child of first cousin) is not allowed in Kentucky. Indiana, on the other hand, will allow first cousins to marry if they are both age 65 and/or infertile. How do I know this? Lost a bet with my wife who is from Kentucky!

In Kentucky, often your sister IS your cousin.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, hoosierdogg said:

Indiana will allow second cousins too, which is also illegal in Kentucky.

Of course, when your sister can also be your cousin I'd imagine things get kind of blurry legally speaking.

1. It seems to me that the pull for Juwan would be purely a monetary decision; one extra year of getting paid well to be a basketball player, very likely in Europe. Or,  one year earlier entry into the G-League with an opportunity to build an NBA resume for an extra year.
  2. The counter-pull is a quality of life issue for the next year; without question playing in front of packed houses, adoring fans, alongside his best friends, and on national television can only be accomplished at one place, IU, and that option only exists for one more year of his life .

In my opinion, I expect that given the upside of those options, Juwan's family and his values, he will forestall his entry to the paid workplace, and stay.

If he returns, IU would have the pieces to create something very special.  The dynamics and potential of this team would be fantastic.

However, if you look at the flip side, I would love for him to get a shot based on his work ethic, attitude, and constant improvement.  It is great to see a good kid get rewarded for having a high character.  What pisses me off are guys like Diallo from UK that haven't proven anything, haven't improved, and expect to get drafted based on potential that may never pan out.