Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Cheaney40

Juwan Morgan RETURNING For Senior Season

He has the size of a 3 with limited at best perimeter skills. That's the problem with his NBA outlook. 

He doesn’t have the handles of a point forward, the shot of a stretch 4, nor the post moves and strength of a dominant NBA interior players. He’s has all the tools to be a dominant and versatile college player, but he has to develop into the 3 and D mold for the NBA.

Absolutely rooting for him, but just don’t see the NBA potential yet. Hope Archie and Schilling can get him there.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Assuming he can extend his range, and his form is fine, I think his offensive game has enough versatility to find ways to help at the NBA level. I just don’t see who he defends. He’s not long or explosive off the floor. He really lacks lateral quickness. Not sure how he overcomes those weaknesses without the elite instincts of a Draymond Green. You can hide his issues in college.  NBA athletes will just find him on D and abuse him. 

Hope I’m way off. Love what the kid has done here. 

39 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Tan Gibson should play bigger than 6’7” since he’s 6’9”.

I believe he's saying Morgan plays bigger than 6'7" and eludes to Gibson playing "bigger" than his height.

6 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I believe he's saying Morgan plays bigger than 6'7" and eludes to Gibson playing "bigger" than his height.

Maybe, but If Taj Gibson plays a couple inches bigger than his height he can be an NBA power forward.  How many 6’7” power forwards are there in the NBA?  There are tons of shooting guards that are that tall.

Dont mind people getting off topic i am a guilty party as much as anybody but on a topic as important as juan coming back i would like to see posts on his status not how tall some purdue guy was or any other player for that matter. Carry on lol just disappointed there wasnt any new juan news

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Maybe, but If Taj Gibson plays a couple inches bigger than his height he can be an NBA power forward.  How many 6’7” power forwards are there in the NBA?  There are tons of shooting guards that are that tall.

I think there are a lot of guys playing PF (if that’s even really thing anymore) at that size. I’m watching the WCF right now and the tallest guy on the court for either team is Kevin Durant. I really he’s about 6’11” but he’s basically a shooting guard. Houston’s tallest guy the last 7-8 minutes of the half was Trevor Ariza. 

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think there are a lot of guys playing PF (if that’s even really thing anymore) at that size. I’m watching the WCF right now and the tallest guy on the court for either team is Kevin Durant. I really he’s about 6’11” but he’s basically a shooting guard. Houston’s tallest guy the last 7-8 minutes of the half was Trevor Ariza. 

True, but I don't think you can play undersized if you can't reliably shoot from 3. All of the undersized players are good shooters.

True, but I don't think you can play undersized if you can't reliably shoot from 3. All of the undersized players are good shooters.

True but can he become a 3pt shooter faster staying in college with time restrictions with coaches and class requirements or in the NBA? If some team commits to taking him in the second round even he may need to consider that. All that being said, I think he comes back

7 minutes ago, Miller'sTheMan said:

Absolutely, you have to be able to shoot and handle. My post was more just a general comment, not advocating for Morgan being ready for the NBA. 

19 hours ago, 8bucks said:

True but can he become a 3pt shooter faster staying in college with time restrictions with coaches and class requirements or in the NBA? If some team commits to taking him in the second round even he may need to consider that. All that being said, I think he comes back

But no team is going to take him in the second round.  Why would you take a guy that would be undersized for their position In hopes that in time he can develop an outside shot?  There are plenty of guys with one wart....you don’t have to draft a guy with two.