Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Cheaney40

Juwan Morgan RETURNING For Senior Season

1 hour ago, pumpfake said:

Has Juwan been invited to the combine/camps?  I heard that the 50 or so invites were to go out this past weekend but hadn't heard if Morgan was one of them. (I don't even know if there is such a 'combine' or invitation).  One would think that if this is true that those 50 would likely comprise much of the first two rounds of the NBA draft.

A number of invites went out late last week. In an ESPN article it was mentioned that 70% of those receiving a "full" invite (there are different levels of invitations) are typically drafted in the first or second round.  

14 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Yeah, this could be a closer decision than we would like. Gonna be a stressful few weeks.

I'm not sure it's going to be that close. He probably figured he wasn't going to get a combine invite, but he knew that he would be able to get some feedback from pro scouts who can tell him exactly what he needs to work on, and where they see his strengths and weaknesses.  A chance to hear from pro's with no reason  to sugar-coat things, rather than friends and family. Absolutely no downside for him to get a little feedback.

He can't just say "I'm coming back, but I want to still get valid feedback". He has to bust his butt in workouts, if he gets any and "go through the process" , showing what he's made of and the kind of player/guy he is, for there to be any true value. 

24 minutes ago, RealIU said:

Would be happier to see him as a pro, that’s what’s best for Juwan because that is his dream. I know it could hurt or make our year difficult if he leaves, but that is what the coaches are being paid millions to do is adjust. Had family in the same situation and they chose the pro route early and it worked out fine and probably gonna have to make that decision for my son in years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

"Pro" has quite a range. Making $26,000/yr playing in the Balkans isn't the same as being a NBA lottery pick for millions of $$. I love and appreciate Juwan, but he's a lot closer to the former than the latter. Coming back to IU can only help him, barring a catastrophic injury. 

Would be happier to see him as a pro, that’s what’s best for Juwan because that is his dream. I know it could hurt or make our year difficult if he leaves, but that is what the coaches are being paid millions to do is adjust. Had family in the same situation and they chose the pro route early and it worked out fine and probably gonna have to make that decision for my son in years to come.

Also, if Juwan leaves, it's more PT for Hunter, Smith, Race, Forrester and maybe the grad transfer. Or DeRon.

None of those guys are Juwan, but there are plenty of guys that could step up. Now, will they?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

28 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Also, if Juwan leaves, it's more PT for Hunter, Smith, Race, Forrester and maybe the grad transfer. Or DeRon.

None of those guys are Juwan, but there are plenty of guys that could step up. Now, will they?

They could very well step up, but we wouldn't be what we could have been.  Juwan coming back raises the potential of this team a ton.

I just want Juwan to be successful in whatever he does. He has been my son’s favorite player ever since we met him at the Kentucky Derby Festival Classic All Star Game.

Since you seem to have inside knowledge of Keion Brooks, I am guessing that you are somehow closely related.

8 minutes ago, IUsafety said:

I just want Juwan to be successful in whatever he does. He has been my son’s favorite player ever since we met him at the Kentucky Derby Festival Classic All Star Game.

Since you seem to have inside knowledge of Keion Brooks, I am guessing that you are somehow closely related.

I want him to be successful too, I just don't see that there are any lower/ lower paying levels that he can't still pursue next year, but coming back and improving his skills should open higher/higher paying levels that he can't reach just yet.

9 hours ago, RealIU said:

There is no guarantee that's what is best for Juwan. 

In the theory sounds nice but juwan is a beast and the key to us being really good or borderline ncaa instead. Take him away and defenses can key in on Romeo. With him it opens up so much more.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yeah, this could be a closer decision than we would like. Gonna be a stressful few weeks.
Really? All the iu media guys seemed covinced he was coming back after the romeo announcement. They did not seem worried at all.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

So we have not heard about Juwan getting an invite to the combine. Assuming he's not invited at this point?

Doesn't look like it, so far.

From Redit:

The list of players who have and have not been invited to the NBA combine is still coming out. Here is what I have been able to gather so far:

asterisk means NOT participating

Invited:

*DeAndre Ayton C

*Luka Doncic SF

*Marvin Bagley III PF

*Jaren Jackson Jr. PF

Michael Porter SF

Wendell Carter Jr. C

*Trae Young PG

*Mikal Bridges SF

Collin Sexton PG

Miles Bridges SF

Kevin Knox SF

Robert Williams PF

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander PG

Lonnie Walker SG

Zhaire Smith SG

Mitchell Robinson C

Troy Brown SG

Anfernee Simons PG

Khyri Thomas SG

Jontay Porter C

Aaron Holiday PG

Bruce Brown SG

Jacob Evans SF

Chandler Hutchison SG

De’Anthony Melton SG

Keita Bates-Diop SF

Melvin Frazier SF

Grayson Allen SG

Elie Okobo PG

Gary Trent Jr. SG

Shake Milton SG

Chimezie Metu C

Devonte Graham PG

Landry Shamet PG

Hamidou Diallo SG

Jevon Carter PG

Moritz Wagner PF

Tony Carr PG

Rawle Alkins SG

Trevon Duval PG

Josh Okogie SG

Malik Newman SG

Goga Bidatze C

Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk SG

Brandon McCoy C

Jerome Robinson SG

Tyus Battle SG

Jalen Hudson SG

Kevin Hervey SF

Kenrich Williams SF

Omari Spellman SF

Kris Wilkes SF

PJ Washington PF

Billy Preston PF

Udoka Azubuike C

Alize Johnson PF

Austin Wiley C

Devon Hall SG

Charles Matthews SG

Jarred Vanderbilt SF

Yante Maten PF

Jaylen Barford PG

George King SF

Sagaba Konate PF

Wenyen Gabriel PF

Caleb Martin SF

Brian Bowen SF

Jalen Brunson PG

Donte DiVincenzo SG

Jaylen Hands PG

Alternates:

Gary Clark

Lagerald Vick

Jaylen Adams

NOT invited:

Lindell Wigginton

Robert Franks

Ethan Happ

Cody Martin

Every participant in the PIT not listed above

Probably invited but not reported:

Mo Bamba

Not yet reported, but could feasibly be invited:

Justin Jackson

Ray Spalding

Kerwin Roach

Vince Edwards

Jarrey Foster

Bonzie Colson

Bruno Fernando

Allonzo Trier

Kostas Antetokounmpo

Shamorie Ponds

Markis McDuffie

Carsen Edwards

Ky Bowman

All the big foreign prospects not listed above (Bonga, Kulboka, etc

15 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Wait a minute.......

Who is your son? Family in same situation? So many questions. You seem in tune with Juwan too.

Things that make you go hmmmmm...........

Still very interested in the background of this....

4 hours ago, InArchWeTrust said:

What is the deadline for Juwan making a decision?  Late May?

May 30 is the deadline. But hopefully we don't have to wait that long to find out what Juwan is doing. Last year, the deadline was May 24 and we learned on or around May 16 that RoJo was coming back.