Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Cheaney40

Juwan Morgan RETURNING For Senior Season

I would suspect that JMO was probably being advised by the staff to go out and get the info. It can only help him get to that next step and to get the big time recruits these days you have to show that you can guide them to the next step. Anyway good for JMO, get that info and come back next year and dominate the B10!

I wonder if they wanted to get the Romeo stuff ironed out and set in stone before they made the announcement. Romeo wanted to make sure Juwan was coming back, and Juwan wanted to make sure Romeo was coming. Once some more concrete info came out about Romeo to IU yesterday, they then went ahead with the announcement about Juwan. Now Juwan knows Romeo is coming, and Romeo knows he will be back, regardless of the draft entering news. 

I wonder if they wanted to get the Romeo stuff ironed out and set in stone before they made the announcement. Romeo wanted to make sure Juwan was coming back, and Juwan wanted to make sure Romeo was coming. Once some more concrete info came out about Romeo to IU yesterday, they then went ahead with the announcement about Juwan. Now Juwan knows Romeo is coming, and Romeo knows he will be back, regardless of the draft entering news. 

I think it's possible you're onto something there

Sent from my SM-J727V using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, dallas44~ said:

My point is if Romeo’s announcement is the April 30th. Would we hear his decision before then ( pro or not ) If the rumors are true romeo wants to play with Juwan

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Juwan has until May 30 to make his final decision. I don't know if he will wait that long, but I can't imagine he would have a decision by April 30. I would think if he wants to be evaluated by NBA teams -- through workouts or whatever -- that wouldn't take place until May. 

Did anyone else hear Dakich talking up Juwan today? Said he is one of the most intriguing players in the draft and is such a high character guy that he will blow coaches and GM's away in the interviews. Thinks his stock will rise in a hurry. Selfishly I hope he is wrong we need Juwan next year badly.

1 hour ago, dallas44~ said:

Are folks really worried he’s not coming back? Genuinely asking. From archie statement sounds like feedback

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'd be shocked if he's not back next year. Very good college player, but I really doubt he'll get drafted unless he can prove he can shoot at a respectable rate. 

22 minutes ago, mike vannice said:

Did anyone else hear Dakich talking up Juwan today? Said he is one of the most intriguing players in the draft and is such a high character guy that he will blow coaches and GM's away in the interviews. Thinks his stock will rise in a hurry. Selfishly I hope he is wrong we need Juwan next year badly.

I don't think the people evaluating NBA prospects are going to be too easily swayed by anything Dakich says.

6 hours ago, IUrocker said:

I do not think the Romeo's stuff has anything to do with Juwan.

Romeo is announcing April 30th.

Juwan will not get feedback until May.  If he happens to get positive comments he will go out (doubt that will happen).

The timing of Juwan's decision does not match up with Romeo's decision.

1 hour ago, mike vannice said:

Juwan is a high character guy and I am glad we have him 

In regards to Dakich's comments.  Is he talking about the NBA GM's that draft  players year after year that take money from agents and shoe companies, did not go to classes, had domestic violence issues, failed drug tests, etc. etc because, as they say with semi-sincerity,  (pull out the tissue when crying) "every kid deserves a second chance"   LOL. 

Yes, maybe a kid slides from 3rd to 10th, if they are a bad apple, but let's face it, they go with the talent.