Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Morgan Ellison to miss rest of spring season

Losing key players early in the season for IU football is as certain as the leaves turning in the fall. Went from hoping that the running game would be adequate to I don't know what.

10 hours ago, Kepner said:

Adding to our running back woes. Saw this morning that coach Allen announced Cole Gest is out for the year with a torn ACL

Crap.  I had been looking around because I saw the hit and it looked benign until slow motion.   I was afraid of that.  Damn.   That kid would really have helped this team

Maybe there is a chance Ellison returns?

I have no idea. Everybody on this site seems to know the nature of the transgression that led to his suspension. I don't -- so I'm sure others would know if there's a chance he plays again better than I, but this was on a Q&A between Osterman and the U.Va. writer from Richmond in the Richmond paper ... 

4) With Morgan Ellison already suspended, how big is the loss of Cole Gest? Is there a chance Ellison is reinstated? Does Indiana plan to play freshman Ronnie Walker, a highly-touted recruit and a Virginia native?

I don't see Ellison back for this game, but his status appears really fluid, so who knows? ... 

16 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Lots of stuff on Twitter too. Signs seem to be pointing to him rejoining the team at some point. 

I wouldn't guarantee that. There will be a hearing at some point and then it will be decided if he can rejoin or not. But honestly, it doesn't look good.

16 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

It's a very small sample size but Stevie Scott has filled his shoes nicely thus far. 

From what limited game film I have watched, he is a patient runner and does a great job following his lineman. Reminds me a little of Leveon Bell's running style without the explosiveness/additional athleticism Bell packs. I will say we can't afford to lose him. Think the depth behind him is basically depleted now with Ellison/Gest out of the picture. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I wouldn't guarantee that. There will be a hearing at some point and then it will be decided if he can rejoin or not. But honestly, it doesn't look good.

Would it be accurate to say that this is an IU conduct situation and not a legal one? I guess I'm just surprised that criminal charges haven't been filed yet, given that it's been several weeks since the suspension was announced. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Would it be accurate to say that this is an IU conduct situation and not a legal one? I guess I'm just surprised that criminal charges haven't been filed yet, given that it's been several weeks since the suspension was announced. 

You would be correct to assume that. 

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

My thinking is, even though it came from a GREAT source, it’s still technically a rumor.

It wouldn’t be fair for us as a fan base to indict him before all the facts are known.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

As I said he will have his hearing to present his side. But from what I have been told it doesn't look good

Did he hook up with a Purdue chick? If so, to the pit of misery.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Dilly dilly

I could see where this would be taken out of the coaching staffs hands entirely, as I think it should be. I hope in the meetings the staff is stressing how bad he messed up and what he needs to work on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

20 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

It's a very small sample size but Stevie Scott has filled his shoes nicely thus far. 

Stevie Scott is patient and a terrific running back.  His durability as a freshman is all that will hamper him.  He's got vision as good as anybody I've seen at IU since Anthony Thompson.