Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Morgan Ellison to miss rest of spring season

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

That is my opinion as well. A lawsuit would already be well underway if he had evidence of his innocence or that the school did not follow a fair and legal process.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

THe process ended on the 19th. Do you think you just snap your fingers and then boom, a lawsuit gets filed? They were obviously letting the process play out before deciding the next step. Arguing that it's a stunt because a lawsuit hasn't been filed within 8 days is ridiculous. 

THe process ended on the 19th. Do you think you just snap your fingers and then boom, a lawsuit gets filed? They were obviously letting the process play out before deciding the next step. Arguing that it's a stunt because a lawsuit hasn't been filed within 8 days is ridiculous. 

Did he appeal the decision? Has it been 8 days since the initial decision or the affirmation after the appeal? Regardless, this hasn’t been happening for just over a week. This process has been underway since preseason.

I don’t think any of this is as obvious as you want it to be, but it is my opinion that a lawsuit would already have been filed in order to get his name “cleared” as soon as possible.

His statement does not address other text messages the woman sent that describe her repeatedly asking him to stop and trying to push him off of her after she woke up.

Interesting quote from Indystar article. Looks like she had some text messages too. 

I don’t think anyone arguing back and forth about this has nearly enough information to know whether Ellison was justly or unjustly punished. I don’t know why a statement from Ellison would hold more weight than the conclusions of a panel that investigated the incident, but that certainly doesn’t mean mistakes weren’t made or he isn’t innocent.

It’s probably best to just wait and see if he sues the school and the results of that litigation before forming any concrete opinions. The assumptions of guilt or innocence based on literally no publicly available evidence is a little comical.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We don't know what all evidence the panel was able to review.  Apparently the panel had enough to not believe the texts he claims to have.  The panel probably wasn't made up of trained investigators so it is possible they made mistakes, if the texts he claims to have are as exculpatory as he says then a lawsuit would clear it up pretty quickly.

Although frankly I have doubts the panel would've reached the conclusions they did if the texts were that absolving.

We don't know what all evidence the panel was able to review.  Apparently the panel had enough to not believe the texts he claims to have.  The panel probably wasn't made up of trained investigators so it is possible they made mistakes, if the texts he claims to have are as exculpatory as he says then a lawsuit would clear it up pretty quickly.
Although frankly I have doubts the panel would've reached the conclusions they did if the texts were that absolving.

This is my stance a well. Plus, the university has hoards of paid legal professionals who more likely than not have some oversight into these actions in order to assess the school’s legal exposure the panel decisions may create.

By all means, if he has exonerating evidence and evidence that the school unjustly ignores said evidence, file suit and force them to defend their stance. Although, that will create a public case in which all of the evidence and details of the sexual assault accusation will become evidence for the lawsuit.