Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Morgan Ellison to miss rest of spring season

Honestly, if you think a liberal university wouldnt sacrifice a male athlete to prevent "outrage" with little to no proof then you arent paying attention to our current culture.

Why are you and others unwilling to accept the possibility that the university reviewed the evidence that none of us have and came to an appropriate conclusion that a college student engaged in sexual activity with a woman who either did not provide consent or was not capable of providing consent?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It is pretty simple. She has no proof. He says he has proof and the panel saw it. She didn’t press charges. Why not press charges on someone who would be a danger to society?

How do you know she doesn’t have proof? Why do you believe Ellison’s claims without any evidence, but doubt a panel of individuals? These are the things I do not understand about your stance.

11 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I have no idea if Ellison is guilty or not. But, what Im am hearing is a university panel determined he was guilty of rape and the punishment for such crime is 2.5 years off campus? Yet, no criminal charges were filed. The alleged rapist is allowed back on campus in 2.5 years? #liberal logic 

It would be 1000 times worse for the university if a court of law found him guilty of rape. Hence why the university told her not to go to the cops. 

Same reason that the Military want to handle rape in house. 

Not to go to far into politics because of the boards policies. But as a conservative it scares the **** out of me that being opposed to rape is viewed as a liberal stance. 

Exactly. That makes literally no sense. If he’s a rapist, why let him back on campus? Why not turn it over to actual law enforcement?

Because the crime was not committed against them and they don’t hold the actual evidence in their possession. Therefore they can only determine whether or not he is a threat to other students. They don’t have to prove a crime was committed in a court of law. They have to determine whether a crime was most likely committed. They make that judgement call. Can we for god sakes quit saying his life is ruined. That is honestly the most asinine point being thrown out there. His life is not f’ing ruined. Look past our noses and realize that if he has proof this wasn’t committed this wouldn’t have went this far. He would have been on ESPN already proving that and have a lawsuit against IU. That would be the easiest case in public opinion history that just won’t happen. You don’t think he couldn’t reach out to Dakich with this proof today on social media and have IU by the balls by Monday if he wasn’t lying? Come on man.

14 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I have no idea if Ellison is guilty or not. But, what Im am hearing is a university panel determined he was guilty of rape and the punishment for such crime is 2.5 years off campus? Yet, no criminal charges were filed. The alleged rapist is allowed back on campus in 2.5 years? #liberal logic 

It's not okay to have men who rape sleeping women on campus right now... But in 2.5 years it will be. Seems legit. 

I would bet charges were never filed because the girl knows the text messages exist and the police would never pursue because of them. 

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

Because the crime was not committed against them and they don’t hold the actual evidence in their possession. Therefore they can only determine whether or not he is a threat to other students. They don’t have to prove a crime was committed in a court of law. They have to determine whether a crime was most likely committed. They make that judgement call. Can we for god sakes quit saying his life is ruined. That is honestly the most asinine point being thrown out there. His life is not f’ing ruined. Look past our noses and realize that if he has proof this wasn’t committed this wouldn’t have went this far. He would have been on ESPN already proving that and have a lawsuit against IU. That would be the easiest case in public opinion history that just won’t happen. You don’t think he couldn’t reach out to Dakich with this proof today on social media and have IU by the balls by Monday if he wasn’t lying? Come on man.

Yeah because losing your scholarship and being kicked off the team you worked your whole life to get on is no big deal. Get freaking real. People like Brass Cannon are going to go around calling him a rapist for the rest of his life. It's going to be the first thing that pops up when employers Google his name. His life has been permanently scarred. 

Tapping out. I can’t understand why you all believe a university panel would decide to unjustly ignore exonerating evidence and then suspend a student for 2.5 years simply to virtual signal. I can’t understand why you’re unwilling to believe the accuser, who’s story and evidence convinced a panel of individuals, but you’re willing to immediately believe the accused who’s story and evidence failed to convince the same panel. None of it makes any sense to me and there a claims being made without any supporting evidence nor statistics, therefore there is no way to have an actual conversation about this. If Ellison is innocent, I hope he sues the school and begins the legal process to rectify his situation.

Oddly, there is no lawsuit despite his “innocence”. Just as you all ask why the accuser did not place charges with the police, why has Ellison not filed a lawsuit? If he has evidence of his innocence and that the board improperly ignored it, a court will sort that out real quick.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Tapping out. I can’t understand why you all believe a university panel would decide to unjustly ignore exonerating evidence and then suspend a student for 2.5 years simply to virtual signal. I can’t understand why you’re unwilling to believe the accuser, who’s story and evidence convinced a panel of individuals, but you’re willing to immediately believe the accused who’s story and evidence failed to convince the same panel. None of it makes any sense to me and there a claims being made without any supporting evidence nor statistics, therefore there is no way to have an actual conversation about this. If Ellison is innocent, I hope he sues the school and begins the legal process to rectify his situation.

Oddly, there is no lawsuit despite his “innocence”. Just as you all ask why the accuser did not place charges with the police, why has Ellison not filed a lawsuit? If he has evidence of his innocence and that the board improperly ignored it, a court will sort that out real quick.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Did you just not read the line that said "We will now be pursuing every avenue we can to show my innocence"??

Did you just not read the line that said "We will now be pursuing every avenue we can to show my innocence"??

I did. There’s still no lawsuit. Let’s see what happens, but I stated facts. He’s known the decision for a couple weeks now, and I would have expected action to be taken beyond vague public statements.

19 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I did. There’s still no lawsuit. Let’s see what happens, but I stated facts. He’s known the decision for a couple weeks now, and I would have expected action to be taken beyond vague public statements.

It doesn't just happen overnight. The suspension was upheld last Friday. That was 8 days ago. You're not going to file a huge lawsuit against a university in that little of time.You don't rush just to get it filed right after. I would be very surprised if we don't see some kind of lawsuit in the near future. The fact he hasn't released the text message makes me almost sure of it. 

And if proven innocent then what? Is he allowed to play for IU again? Does the girl receive any punishment for a false accusation?

He wouldn’t be proven innocent in a lawsuit. He would prove that the university violated his rights in some way. I wouldn’t know what would happen after that. I imagine the university’s legal counsel was already involved prior to the panel determining their final decision, and that IU’s legal counsel understood the position well enough to feel comfortable with any kind of risk of lawsuit potentially brought by Ellison.

Yeah because losing your scholarship and being kicked off the team you worked your whole life to get on is no big deal. Get freaking real. People like Brass Cannon are going to go around calling him a rapist for the rest of his life. It's going to be the first thing that pops up when employers Google his name. His life has been permanently scarred. 

Lol dude it’s not as dramatic as you guys are making it out to be. He got kicked out of school. No charges have been filed. Trust me life moves on. In a few years he won’t give two shits. I know you guys are younger but when you get older you move past things.

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

Lol dude it’s not as dramatic as you guys are making it out to be. He got kicked out of school. No charges have been filed. Trust me life moves on. In a few years he won’t give two shits. I know you guys are younger but when you get older you move past things.

If he's an innocent man who has been branded across the country as a rapist I don't think that's something he's not going to care about in a few years. 

If he's an innocent man who has been branded across the country as a rapist I don't think that's something he's not going to care about in a few years. 

Again, the older thing. In a few years you will realize people outside of this state don’t give a **** about IU football.... Nobody in Tennessee knows who he is. Like less than 1% of all of the people in a state less than 5 hours away knows who he is. It’s not that dramatic.

Edit: If he is innocent we will know very, very quickly. It would get blown up in a millisecond. People hate the president and the AD. If he were innocent plenty of people would assist to get that out so they could get fired.

28 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

This statement is just PR to repair his image

He got kicked out of school for supposedly raping a girl. It isn’t like he threw gum in a recycle bin. Being marked as a rapist is pretty bad and makes people wonder about you just a bit. You think that won’t be on file for an employer to look at?

If he is innocent and can prove it a lawsuit would end that instantly. If that were me and I could truly prove it, I would have had a lawsuit started months ago man. This isn’t a recent thing. This has been going on for months. Seriously lol it’s nuts we have to have this aspect of that convo.

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

This statement is just PR to repair his image

A man proclaiming his innocence  is just "PR". Lol. For a "conservative" you sure know all the liberal talking points. Better get rid of trial by jury. You don't get to proclaim innocence anymore, that's just PR spin. 

Just now, mdn82 said:

If he is innocent and can prove it a lawsuit would end that instantly. If that were me and I could truly prove it, I would have had a lawsuit started months ago man. This isn’t a recent thing. This has been going on for months. Seriously lol it’s nuts we have to have this aspect of that convo.

There are literally people that if a man admits to rape will still say “no she was asking for it”