Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Morgan Ellison to miss rest of spring season

Ellison to miss rest of spring with leg injury

You won’t see Morgan Ellison in next week’s spring game.

Indiana’s rising sophomore running back has been shut down due to injury.

IU coach Tom Allen said Saturday that Ellison recently suffered a lower leg injury and will miss the final few practices of the spring. The good news, Allen said, is that the injury shouldn’t affect Ellison’s upcoming sophomore season.

The Ohio native is expected to be ready to return in time for the program’s summer workouts.

“He will be back,” Allen said. “It was actually a very good prognosis. We feel good about him, but obviously at this point we’re not gonna take any chances. We’ll get him healthy, get him ready to roll and he should be full bore by the beginning of the summer.”

It’s a disappointing end to the spring for Ellison, who turned heads with his conditioning. The 6-foot-1, 225-pound running back dropped six percent of his body fat from the beginning of January, while also showing off better burst as a runner.

Last season, Ellison led IU with 704 rushing yards and six touchdowns, earning IU’s Offensive Newcomer of the Year award.

With spring practice winding down and Allen trying to protect the depth of his backfield, walk-ons Ahrod Lloyd and Connor Thomas appeared to get the bulk of the carries during Saturday’s situational scrimmage.

Lloyd, a 5-foot-11, 195-pound redshirt freshman, looked good while fighting for yards near the goal line.

“I’ve really been impressed with Ahrod Lloyd,” Allen said. “He came here as a walk-on from Park Tudor. Awesome kid. Runs hard. He’s been very impressive through the whole spring. He was really good for us in the fall for scout teams. (With) his quickness, power and speed, he’s been a real pleasant surprise.”

So, is this something that’s going to be kept secret? If it’s something truly atrocious, then I would rather know then have the program sweep under the rug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is being suspended for an entire year sweeping it under the rug though?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Nah not really. Other post above said “two words. Not good.”, makes me think that it’s, well, bad. Haha.

I’m just surprised they released a statement without reasoning, not sure how often programs do that.

21 minutes ago, Hutch89 said:

Nah not really. Other post above said “two words. Not good.”, makes me think that it’s, well, bad. Haha.

I’m just surprised they released a statement without reasoning, not sure how often programs do that.

Sometimes other people involved dont want their names in the news

58 minutes ago, Hutch89 said:

It's the whole student privacy issue that keeps the details from being made public knowledge.  However, if any action makes it to a formal police complaint and charges filed then student privacy goes out the window and the public/press can dig into the matter all they want.

Reading ESPNs game recap, it says:

The Hoosiers played without sophomore running back Morgan Ellison, who rushed for a team-high 704 yards last season. Ellison was suspended for the opener because of a violation of team rules.

This implies that he is only suspended for the opener and not indefinitely.  Poor journalism (which would come as no surprise) or is he actually back next week?

48 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Reading ESPNs game recap, it says:

The Hoosiers played without sophomore running back Morgan Ellison, who rushed for a team-high 704 yards last season. Ellison was suspended for the opener because of a violation of team rules.

This implies that he is only suspended for the opener and not indefinitely.  Poor journalism (which would come as no surprise) or is he actually back next week?

I'll cast my vote for poor journalism and IF he gets reinstated it's weeks away.

33 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That is really not good.

Yeah he didn’t get to show anyone what he could really do after a reportedly impressive offseason. I was encouraged by Stevie Scott running the ball. Also Mike Majette catching the ball out of the backfield. 

I hope Reese Taylor gets more carries too

26 minutes ago, Kepner said:

Yeah he didn’t get to show anyone what he could really do after a reportedly impressive offseason. I was encouraged by Stevie Scott running the ball. Also Mike Majette catching the ball out of the backfield. 

I hope Reese Taylor gets more carries too

Sure seems as if Taylor will get more backfield time now.