Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Tyra Buss - BC Aistes (Lithuania)

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

It's so funny to me that 2 people hijacked this thread that's supposed to be about tyra to talk about how women's basketball is inferior to men's, effectively proving my point. I hope you feel bigger now and you can go back to the men's side now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

You started this entire conversation with your rubbish post lol. 

"I THINK a lot of guys (not all of us) feel really threatened by female athletes, that's who I usually see trying to undermine and sabotage women's sports. These beta males idolize the alphas in the NBA and don't know how to feel about the alpha females that do the same in their respective leagues. I am very comfortable in terms of self confidence and therefore can enjoy watching these alpha ladies play without having to figure out reasons how they are inferior to me. (But can they dunk?)"

If people liked women sports then they would watch them. They don't. The wnba only survived because it's financed by the NBA. But whatever helps you sleep better at night big dog. 

You started this entire conversation lol. Wipe the soy off the keyboard bro, it's embarrassing. 

Not quite. Some genius suggested lowering the goals, which started the convo. I'm going to cease posting now until there is an update on tyras professional career. You can go ahead and get the last word/insult me again if you want

23 minutes ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

the wnba isn't "financed"by the NBA. Go back to the Romeo Langford thread.

Oh?

"Building and sustaining a league, a challenge across sports and genders, has proved especially nettlesome for the W.N.B.A., even though it has the significant advantage of backing from one of the most financially endowed leagues, the National Basketball Association. Some wonder if, without that subsidy, the W.N.B.A. would have gone the way of other women’s leagues with noble aspirations but little support to keep them alive.

Half of the W.N.B.A.’s 12 teams lose money, and they benefit from revenue generated by the N.B.A.’s national television and sponsorship deals. This season, the $25 million the W.N.B.A. is getting from its primary broadcaster, ESPN, is a tiny fraction of the N.B.A.’s average $930 million payment from ESPN and TNT, which will rise to about $2.6 billion next season."

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/05/28/sports/basketball/after-two-decades-wnba-still-struggling-for-relevance.html

This got odd quickly....

We can all agree we all love Tyra here at BTB. She was incredible for IUBB.

I think we can all agree that the best men are better than the best women at basketball. And plenty of women are way better than plenty of men at basketball. And that’s okay.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm glad I didn't stay up til 2 am last night researching so i could insult women's althetics. You are the very same type of guy thats on Twitter bringing women down making rude comments.

The tide is turning in the wnba. It is not "owned" by the NBA. The ratings are going up. Turns out if games aren't on tv they can't be watched..can you believe it? When they do put women's cbb and wnba games on tv they definitely are getting better ratings all the time. I don't know if your vitriol towards women is just anger that tyra didn't get drafted, or you have some mommy issues, either way please take care of it so we can finally get back to topic. 

I'd like to see Buss get a WNBA opportunity and stick, but while she may get the chance I don't see her sticking.  Samantha Prahalis at O$U a few years back was a great college player and taken 6th overall, and her pro career only lasted a few years bouncing around the league.

I'm glad I didn't stay up til 2 am last night researching so i could insult women's althetics. You are the very same type of guy thats on Twitter bringing women down making rude comments.
The tide is turning in the wnba. It is not "owned" by the NBA. The ratings are going up. Turns out if games aren't on tv they can't be watched..can you believe it? When they do put women's cbb and wnba games on tv they definitely are getting better ratings all the time. I don't know if your vitriol towards women is just anger that tyra didn't get drafted, or you have some mommy issues, either way please take care of it so we can finally get back to topic. 

To be honest, you seem to be overly frustrated with your posts on this. There may be some history I am missing but on this thread alone you seem to be very agitated about some things.

Girls hoops are picking up (all girls sports are really) but guys still draw most of the attention. My wife watched most of the guys games with me and watched some of the women's games (girls FF and IUs run) and she preferred the watching the guys play more than the girls so it is not just dudes keeping the girls down.

Hate to see Tyra leave. Seems she just got here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

It took 3 minutes to find that article and that section. It seems that you're quite passionate about this issue. Women's basketball isn't my cup of tea, maybe it's yours, and that's cool. That doesn't make people "insecure beta males" because they don't like the same sport as you. Women are great, I just don't like watching them hoop. Goodluck to Tyra in whatever she does next. She could probably make more money if she played overseas. 

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

I have never understood why someone needs to assume what the other persons character is from talking to them (about their opinions) on a message board. The fact that we believe women's sports aren't very good, has honestly nothing to do with being sexiest honestly. Also.. my gf LOVES sports, particularly football, she grew up around it and understands it, she has 3 older brothers. So she gets basketball as well... she cannot stand the girls game... does that make her vitriol towards women or have mommy issues? Makes no sense. 

2 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

I'd like to see Buss get a WNBA opportunity and stick, but while she may get the chance I don't see her sticking.  Samantha Prahalis at O$U a few years back was a great college player and taken 6th overall, and her pro career only lasted a few years bouncing around the league.

how many teams do they have?