Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Illinois picked up a run in the top of the 7th, but it was all IU in the bottom half of the inning.  A Justin Walker solo shot got the Illinois run back for the Hoosiers in the bottom of the inning.  And for good measure Sowers hit an rbi single as did Luke Miller as a pinch hitter.  Matt Gorski then welcomed a new Illinois pitcher with a 2-run single.

At the end of 7, IU leads 9-2.

Through 7 innings, Herrin has thrown 95 pitches; given up 6 hits; 1K; no walks.  He gives way to Manous in the 8th.

Iowa won 2 out of 3 to bring Michigan back to pack this weekend and OSU got Minnesota today so we are 9-5 just 3 games behind Mich and 2 behind Minny. If we can win 2 of 3 at Minny this weekend we are right in it as Mich still has series with red hot PU and Illinois. Its a long shot but enough happened around us to leave the door open. Finally looked like ourselves today as well! Also great we had sellouts all weekend with the weather nice as expected!

Lastly RPI so tight today's win moved us up to 20. If we win 2 of 3 at Minny and hold serve against others and win UK or UL game hosting still looks possible.

Great news on injuries per Mike Miller.

Milto was available out of pen today and almost pitched if game was closer which makes me think he'll start next weekend. Also obviously Miller pinch hit each game this weekend and should hopefully return full time at Minny. That's huge for what is our biggest series of season next weekend at Minny. Sat and Sun games on BTN. 

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Great news on injuries per Mike Miller.

Milto was available out of pen today and almost pitched if game was closer which makes me think he'll start next weekend. Also obviously Miller pinch hit each game this weekend and should hopefully return full time at Minny. That's huge for what is our biggest series of season next weekend at Minny. Sat and Sun games on BTN. 

This is great news! 

Take 2 of 3 from Minnesota and we are in a great spot. 

Stiever bounces back this coming Friday!!!

Get Miller back this weekend, hopefully... or at least his bat full time hopefully. Play Ashley at 3rd (idc if it's a RH or LH starting)... he's been great recently and Luke DH. 

Drop Miller and Lloyd in the order to like the 6-8 holes to get some pressure off them. 

Wonder who is going to start at SS? My gut says Houston, but I could see Walker. 

Well either Milto has had set back or IU's website guy is to lazy to update or they are being extra cautious. After Lemonis told IDS yesterday Milto was ready to go this weekend in their preview story, the preview on iuhoosiers.com lists Beauchamp and Herrin as starters Saturday and Sunday. 

I don't think IU in general (and this is with all sports) is very honest or forthcoming with injuries always so not sure whats going on but my alarm bells are raised a bit again until we hear more. 

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Well either Milto has had set back or IU's website guy is to lazy to update or they are being extra cautious. After Lemonis told IDS yesterday Milto was ready to go this weekend in their preview story, the preview on iuhoosiers.com lists Beauchamp and Herrin as starters Saturday and Sunday. 

I don't think IU in general (and this is with all sports) is very honest or forthcoming with injuries always so not sure whats going on but my alarm bells are raised a bit again until we hear more. 

Agree. What if we're playing it safe this weekend and run him out there vs UK on tues?

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Agree. What if we're playing it safe this weekend and run him out there vs UK on tues?

Don't like that idea. I'd rather Herrin go Tuesday than Milto in an unfamiliar spot when he has not pitched in a while.

We really need Milto Saturday as Minny throws their ace always that day who is really good. As good as Beauchamp has been I would really rather have Milto for this game Saturday against a great Minny offense.

Friday it's Stiever vs their 2 guy so that's good and advantage us slightly and Sunday Minny has had a mess of finding a good person to pitch so either Beauchamp or Herrin would be fine but if we don't want to be at a significant disadvantage Saturday we really need Milto. 

I've had just about enough of Lemonis' inability to develop players and every problem we have stems from it. As I will keep saying he recruits with the best of them and his in game management is fine (as example he got Saalfrank out quickly when he could not find zone tonight) but his inability to make players better and teach execution is just painful to watch. IU down 4-2 after 4th and every mistake we have made relates to player development. Saalfrank absolutely has the stuff to be a weekend starter but he is so wild he can't pitch more than in bit roles since he is not developed right. 10 straight balls to open 4th and taken out and Krueger suddenly can't pitch and gives up 3 more runs. In 3rd we cost ourselves a run because of fundamentals because Kaletha got picked off 2nd. Also we are so impatient still at plate (player development again) we can't hit some of their worst pitchers with ERA's in 5 and 6's (You can shave a run or 2 off that since SEC is ridiculously good but still we should do better). 

Lemonis just removed Kaletha from the game. I am not sure if he is hurt or if Lemonis is trying to send a message for his atrocious base running in 3rd that cost us a run. If its the latter that's probably the best thing we have seen as a coaching move all season. Nothing else is working and its time to hold guys accountable. If its an injury than thats the last thing we need. 

UK just hit a HR to make it 6-2. Suddenly Krueger can't pitch. Literally no one but Gorski can do anything right at the moment.    

What a dumpster fire this team has turned into. I'm starting to not really care if we miss the tournament because I don't see us doing much in it anyway.

Am I the only one who hasn't been too impressed with Krueger this season?

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

What a dumpster fire this team has turned into. I'm starting to not really care if we miss the tournament because I don't see us doing much in it anyway.

Am I the only one who hasn't been too impressed with Krueger this season?

Krueger was awesome until this recent slump and than has fallen apart like everyone else.

Fineman just knocked a 2 run HR to Center and its 6-5. The last 2 games our offense is better but pitching struggles. When you are not playing well that is the kind of things that happen.

Some nasty stuff from Sommer gets us out of the 6th inning unscratched. Another guy with great stuff and all the potential in the world to be a weekend starter. I am just worried if Lemonis can get him to reach his potential.