Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

6 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I don't know enough about this hire to offer an opinion, but it sure seems like I recall reading that several folks here liked Kyle Bunn. ... Guess Mercer just wanted his own guy, because it seems like Bunn might have been willing to stay. Wasn't he the interim coach after Lemonis left? 

Yes, he was but that is b/c Lemonis didn't take him so he decided to wait it out in hopes of perhaps an offer from the new coach. Bunn ended up going to Middle Tennessee State just recently as their pitching coach.  Clearly, Mercer was looking elsewhere or like you said for his own guy. 

MSU still hasn't hired a pitching coach. Cheesebrough followed Lemonis but will be in a volunteer role as he retained the previous MSU hitting coach. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rogers is the managing editor d1baseball.com

Kendall Rogers‏Verified account @KendallRogers

COACHING NEWS | @IndianaBase is going to make a strong assistant coach hire. Hearing @UCF_Baseball pitching coach and former Wright State assistant Justin Parker is headed to #Indiana. Strong get for Jeff Mercer.

UCF had 13th best ERA in country...IU ended up with 7th best. UCF also had 9th best WHIP...I know these stats don't mean everything since UCF wasn't in an SEC or PAC-12. Still very impressive nonethless. A great start for Mercer. 

1 hour ago, mamasa said:

Decommits so far:

Parker Maddox joins Daylen Lile, Cole Gilley, and Kurtis Byrne as recent Hoosier Baseball decommitts #iubase

Add Julian Greenwall to this list as well. So hard to find recruiting info on these guys to know which ones might be bigger losses than others. It looks like Lile was a class of '21 commit and has already chosen Louisville. 

1 minute ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Add Julian Greenwall to this list as well. So hard to find recruiting info on these guys to know which ones might be bigger losses than others. It looks like Lile was a class of '21 commit and has already chosen Louisville. 

Man, my Columbus guys are falling like flies!  Thanks for the update!

Avery Short has also decommitted. This was probably our best recruit for '19. He likely would have gone pro given he will be a high draft pick so I take this with a grain of salt.

It appears the bleeding has stopped for now. I think we are down to 6 HS recruits for next year (not including JUCO or transfers) and because of that our ranking is in the 70's/80's which is not unexpected with a coaching change. We didn't lose a lot from last year's roster, which is a huge blessing given this transition.