Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Starting a thread for just general IU baseball discussion.

Couple of thoughts from recent games..

Bradley needs to see more playing, Walker is probably going to see more and more work at SS.

I think Saalfrank starts tomorrow. I don't see anyone else, maybe Sommer?

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, RBB89 said:

I really want to sweep Purdue this weekend. And then beat them again in that single midweek game later. Sweep the leg. No mercy.

Seconded.

I want baseball to be a sport where we can count on beating them every year.

Tues @ home

Friday @ home 

both seem good to go weather wise. 

Saturday not so much, Sunday has AM showers. 

It'd be nice if we could play a DH'er on Friday. I'll head over there for at least one game on Friday with it calling for 77 and partly sunny, it'll feel awesome lol 

Couple of notes:

Sabol and Lloyd have combined to pitch 24 scoreless innings. BJ has given up 3 hits in 13 innings of work, Matt 7 hits in 11 innings. Incredible. 

Our team ERA is 2.47

Justin Walker is batting a .391 his last 6 games in 23 ABs with 12 RBIs in that time frame. He has gobs of potential defensively as well, just has to stay focused. 

Bradley is batting a .389 and has a .542 OBP in 36 ABs and doesn't have an error. 

Tim Herrin has been on a roll recently... he's moved his ERA to a 3.57 it was above 9 about 3 weeks ago. 

Also.. we need to play a DH'er on Friday. The weather looks awful as of now for the weekend. Maybe just maybe we could somehow squeeze one game in on Sat or Sun, but no way we are getting lucky enough for one on each day. 

We have already had one game canceled, we can't afford many more. 

55 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We have already had one game canceled, we can't afford many more. 

We're up to four games cancelled already this season. I know there wasn't much we could about the Iowa game, but it irritates me that we couldn't play a DH with Western Illinois or Ball State. I mentioned the other day that I know it may not be easy to reschedule games, but this team is way too good to be losing so many opportunities to play.

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

We're up to four games cancelled already this season. I know there wasn't much we could about the Iowa game, but it irritates me that we couldn't play a DH with Western Illinois or Ball State. I mentioned the other day that I know it may not be easy to reschedule games, but this team is way too good to be losing so many opportunities to play.

I was meaning we had missed one game of Big Ten play. I'd like the Wright St game back and Iowa.. but BSU and WI it's better we didn't play. (At least I'm pretty sure) 

Just wanted to give Scotty Bradley a shout-out. He has been a true upper-classmen (RS SO). He wasn't shown much playing time after about the first weekend. He didn't pout or hang his head, and when we got his next opportunity about 2 weeks ago, he took full advantage. I enjoy these types of situations in sports. 

just read on another site that Miller had a foot injury? so is the suspension fact or do we know? 

Either way... they said the foot injury was going to be 2 weeks. It's been 9-10 days as of now. Could really use him this weekend, at least his bat. 

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

just read on another site that Miller had a foot injury? so is the suspension fact or do we know? 

Either way... they said the foot injury was going to be 2 weeks. It's been 9-10 days as of now. Could really use him this weekend, at least his bat. 

I am not comfortable with anything we have been told about this situation. I am not accusing IU of lying but how did we go from suspension to under the weather to a 2 week foot injury within the span of a few days? Maybe all 3 happened at once simultaneously and they suspended him a game than he was under the weather a game and than hurt his foot and has been out since but I feel like there's something behind the curtain here that has not been pulled back yet potentially. 

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I am not comfortable with anything we have been told about this situation. I am not accusing IU of lying but how did we go from suspension to under the weather to a 2 week foot injury within the span of a few days? Maybe all 3 happened at once simultaneously and they suspended him a game than he was under the weather a game and than hurt his foot and has been out since but I feel like there's something behind the curtain here that has not been pulled back yet potentially. 

Possibly for sure