Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Our scheduled home opener against Butler scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 26 has been canceled due to inclement weather forecasted for the Bloomington area. The two teams are working to schedule a make-up date later in the season.

Indiana will next be in action this weekend in Greenville, N.C. at the Keith LeClair Classic. The Hoosiers will face No. 17 East Carolina on Friday, High Point on Saturday and No. 13 Ole Miss on Sunday.

Indiana-Butler Baseball Rescheduled for March 24

Indiana's baseball game against in-state rival Butler that was canceled on Feb. 26 has been rescheduled for Tuesday, March 24.  The two teams will play at Bart Kaufman Field in Bloomington, Ind., with first pitch scheduled for 6:05 p.m. ET.

Bobby Whalen @bobbywhalen2

After a tough couple of months I have decided to transfer to Indiana University to continue my baseball and academic career. I’m very excited to start my career as a Hoosier! #GoIU

Re-tweet from Jon Blau --  Nice pickup for #iubase. Whalen was with Louisville and was one of the better players out of PA in the class of 2019.  Could've been an MLB draftee, but he was committed to playing college ball.  Deep outfield for the Hoosiers gets deeper.

On 3/12/2020 at 12:55 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jon Blau  -  IU's baseball game Saturday against Memphis has been canceled, but that's due to cold and wet weather on the horizon.

Probably a moot point now, but is there some reason we scheduled home games so early this year? I think we had at least 3 cancelled because it was too cold. I thought we usually didn't start playing home games until late March. 

40 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Probably a moot point now, but is there some reason we scheduled home games so early this year? I think we had at least 3 cancelled because it was too cold. I thought we usually didn't start playing home games until late March. 

We anticipated the coronavirus would take care of our March scheduling?

For the record, this year I don't think we've had any canceled until what would have been today's Memphis game.  At least I don't see any prior cancellations on the schedule.  

https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/baseball/schedule/2020

Last year, we actually played 2 home games in February and we played 8 home games in March plus 1 game in Terre Haute and 1 in Cincinnati.      

https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/baseball/schedule/2019

On 3/14/2020 at 12:27 PM, TheWatShot said:

We played multiple in Feb last year. We have always played that early. 

10 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Some names to get to know for #iubase fans in here. Hayden, Montgomery, Pyne and Mathison are all future Hoosiers.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That’s awesome! Love the momentum the program has built and seems primed to maintain. Are any of the players on that list uncommitted and targets of ours?

10 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Some names to get to know for #iubase fans in here. Hayden, Montgomery, Pyne and Mathison are all future Hoosiers.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That’s awesome! Love the momentum the program has built and seems primed to maintain. Are any of the players on that list uncommitted and targets of ours?

21 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Cal Krueger will not take advantage of the extra year of eligibility.  Dunham and Ashley in holding pattern.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/2020/03/30/former-jasper-standout-cal-krueger-deciding-whether-return-iu/2891641001/

There's a chance we get Dunham and Barr back. Krueger isnt a big loss at all. Ashley isnt going anywhere. 

Richardson could get drafted in the first 5 rounds this year. 

Such a weird time.