Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I am very excited. As I said before I think Mercer will fix the issues Lemonis had with developing talent and that we take next step much like Butler did with Brad Stevens after Todd Lickliter left and program went from really solid to top level.

For this yr. given we have everyone back almost, postseason and making NCAA tourney again is a must or right away Mercer is a red flag (I don't think this will happen and I know I just said he should be great but just saying). We are picked 4th in conference and traveling to a regional. To me this is minimum expectations for season to be success. I don't think winning conference and hosting Regional is out of question with right breaks and better development of players.

Right away I am watching how Fineman, Lloyd, Houston and some of the veterans do who are good players but always felt like never reached their potential under previous staff and should probably already be in pro's. To me if they finally become the top level players they should be that is a great sign. The only guy who developed to his full potential under last staff was Gorski and I am hoping this staff gets that kind of development out of more players like the above and in future.   

34 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Fineman on the Buster Posey National Collegiate Cather of the Year watch list.

image.thumb.png.87c06fed7a0e934b44a0eb71dae01a4c.png

Right now he is injured and expected to miss at least a couple more weeks so I am not sure how likely he is to win the award missing 10-20 games. With that said it's nice to see him receive this honor and get recognized. 

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Wait. Wasn’t Buster Posey already an All-Star catcher in the MLB? Am I losing my mind?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yes been an all-star catcher for Giants for years. The award is named after him.

Posey is also responsible for players no longer being able to cause collisions with catcher and railroad them at plate as a serious injury to him several years ago kept him out for a while and opened people's eyes to the danger.  

Yes been an all-star catcher for Giants for years. The award is named after him.
Posey is also responsible for players no longer being able to cause collisions with catcher and railroad them at plate as a serious injury to him several years ago kept him out for a while and opened people's eyes to the danger.  

Oh, I see. The graphic was confusing. Didn’t even see the IU player’s name.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That was obvious. He was a senior so unless he got a medical red-shirt (which I did not expect) he exhausted his eligibility. Never projected him onto next year's team and the red-shirt was a Hail Mary he did not get. 

5 hours ago, Aaron said:

That was obvious. He was a senior so unless he got a medical red-shirt (which I did not expect) he exhausted his eligibility. Never projected him onto next year's team and the red-shirt was a Hail Mary he did not get. 

Pretty sure he was granted the RS, but he declined it.