Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MikeRoberts

Coaches K, Roy and Izzo retire next year who replaces them?

I doubt those schools would all want to make a hire in the same year.  There's only so many qualified coaches to go around.

That said, I'm guessing a former Duke player will take over for K, maybe Fife at MSU, and I have no idea at UNC.

I doubt those schools would all want to make a hire in the same year.  There's only so many qualified coaches to go around.
That said, I'm guessing a former Duke player will take over for K, maybe Fife at MSU, and I have no idea at UNC.

Agreed, was just thinking they could all turn over in the next few years and to me, there just aren’t any surefire guys that would be slam dunk hires right now. Would love to see them have to make a tough call vs a no brainer

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Duke will hire Collins from NW.

MSU fans do not like Fife and want him off the staff. I was shocked when I was reading their message boards after they lost to Cuse. They love Izzo but want Fife gone.

UNC I can see staying in house like in the past. Hubert Davis?

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I will put a 1% chance that Stevens ever ends up coaching college basketball again. Danny Ainge takes care of his people, and Stevens has an amazing thing going in Boston with his best college player returning and in his prime. If you think Stevens “misses” college ball, you’re not watching enough NBA.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

Not even 1%

37 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Why?  Seems weird to single out one assistant.

It’s not just Fife. The fans think their are 2 weak links to the staff and Fife is one of them. The message boards never go into specifics and I don’t log in to ask. Their 24/7 site is very active  

32 minutes ago, Feathery said:

It’s not just Fife. The fans think their are 2 weak links to the staff and Fife is one of them. The message boards never go into specifics and I don’t log in to ask. Their 24/7 site is very active  

Maybe because Fife refuses to cheat?