Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2018 April Evaluation Period

Curious who Crean is recruiting? I actually think he can build something in Georgia that the SEC won’t enjoy playing against if he makes some changes. This is his opportunity to take a fresh look at his coaching/recruiting tactics - always interesting to watch people at crossroads in their lives.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Lol still riding that Dwade glory year.  

I would if it was me. D-Wade is the one that singled him out and went and talked to him. Every kid in the place turned and watched and started taking pictures. The players noticed as well. Can’t hurt recruiting for him

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Wade should get half of Crean's salary. Cody Zeller should get the other half.

I'd say Vic gets the other half, given what he did at both IU and now with the Pacers. Makes Crean look not only like a recruiting genius but also a player development coach.

But hey, I like Cody too. He can have it if he wants!

7 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I'd say Vic gets the other half, given what he did at both IU and now with the Pacers. Makes Crean look not only like a recruiting genius but also a player development coach.

But hey, I like Cody too. He can have it if he wants!

They can split the other half haha. Zeller got Crean his IU extension, and now Vic's NBA success makes Crean look good. 

4 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Watford’s team loses on last second layup. Highlight of the game was Kenyon Martin trash taking the 70 year old IU fan sitting next to me for cheering for Watford lol. Trendon was solid and I’m liking what I see from Lewis so far. Very quick and through down an impressive fast break dunk

Kenyon Martin can shut it

Here is a name for you recruiting junkies to keep an eye on. Kamari Lands. Coleman-lands younger brother. He is an 8th grader playing up for the 16u and is the best player. I imagine in a couple years we will be hearing it more

26 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

CAM and Flint watching TJD and Brooks

As well as Tre Mann. But please enlighten me because I am not as informed on recruiting as some of you guys. Is it atypical to watch certain recruits 5-10 times in a month? I don't know if that's common, but it seems like for the players we truly want, we have Archie or an assistant there for nearly every game. It's quite impressive and it has to appear favorable in these recruits' minds. 

Cam watching Morton and Lecque. Sitting with older brother

Love how ESPN misreporting the story turned SM into a victim even we all know the dude clearly knew about these payments. Every college coach knows every single thing going on with their players OR they’ve explicitly told their staff to hide things from them which is arguably more deceitful.

Great post

This stuff is so petty. Dude is gone! Good luck, thanks for the wins, keep the Ls, see ya in the Sweet Sixteen!

Our fanbase acts like all the things he’s accomplished were pure luck and undeserved. Not an intelligent stance for a fan base that likes to tout itself as one of the best.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Petty? That clown set our program back years with his incompetence. We will suffer from his failures for a long time.

Yeah, Crean was definitely a clown. Not the "great guy" people liked to say he was, either. I certainly don't wish him well. I hope he loses every game.