Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) LB Ty Wise to IU

https://247sports.com/Article/Carmel-linebacker-Ty-Wise-first-commit-for-Indiana-Hoosiers-2020-recruiting-class-129808185/

"It just seemed perfect," Wise added. "The coaches are amazing, it’s close to home, my sister goes there and I think IU is going to be a top team very soon."

As a junior, the 6-foot-2, 220-pound Wise racked up 56 solos, 38 assisted stops, eight tackles for loss, two sacks and six pass breakups. He ranks as the No. 8 prospect in the state per the 247Sports Composite.

"He's a complete package as far as I'm concerned," Carmel coach John Hebert said. "He's really tough and strong-minded. He's very coachable, in fact he coaches himself. Self-disciplined, just a real tough competitor. He does not want to ever lose anything. The move here, we've been talking and he kept talking about Indiana. I told him he's going to blow up here soon and he doesn't care about that, getting more offers or becoming higher-profile. He knows what he wants and it's pretty consistent with how he is as a competitor. He shows up everyday ready to fight.

"He's really smart. He learns from mistakes. He's really good with his hands. He's physical. He's really good at man coverage. He's probably going to play MIKE (at Indiana), but for us we play a 3-4 outside and he's in man coverage 40 percent of the time and I can't remember a time we were exploited because of one of his mistakes. On top of that he's really physical, a good tackler and can make plays.

"And I don't think we're anywhere close to where he's going to be. He's still filling out. He's over 220 right now. He looks like a different kid. He's gained 15 pounds or so since December and getting strong. His bench press and power clean are going way up."

Wise looks forward to suiting up for head coach Allen and company.

"They are very genuine and just all-around great people," Wise said. "I think them being my first offer helped a lot because I’ve been able to build the relationship for over a year. Coach Allen is a guy I definitely want to play for for the next four years."

A very nice start to this recruiting class. Yes, if he can influence his teammate Cole to come along that would be awesome. We really need to land more DT's in this class. Yep, this is very good news!

Edited by VPC

On 3/7/2019 at 5:46 PM, VPC said:

A very nice start to this recruiting class. Yes, if he can influence his teammate Cole to come along that would be awesome. We really need to land more DT's in this class. Yep, this is very good news!

We will probably only take 1-3 DL. I’ll say only 2, 3 if we land Cole Brevard. FYI we have 16 DL on the roster now (not counting Minor). We lose 2 DEs and 1 DT in Brandon Wilson, maybe another if Jerome Johnson leaves, but DL is full of young guys. Expect a small class that is highlighted by 4-6 OL recruits. Class I say will be 15 and with possible attrition like usual maybe 17. Getting Juan back helped us out and we might add an early enrolle that has decided to leave Oklahoma. 

Lucel, If we get Cole and 2 more interior D-Line I would be quite pleased. I don't disagree we have talent on the D-Line but my impression is more of them are DE's rather than DT types. I would like us to have 2 -3 deep at the interior spots also. I had high hopes for Minor but also tend to discount him as there appears to be an issue there (not my business and I hope the young man well, but not playing for some reason.) So again, yes with the BIG season I want more DT's. Its know cliche but it does start up front on both sides of the ball so having depth on both lines is important.

Edited by VPC

On 4/1/2019 at 10:38 AM, VPC said:

Lucel, If we get Cole and 2 more interior D-Line I would be quite pleased. I don't disagree we have talent on the D-Line but my impression is more of them are DE's rather than DT types. I would like us to have 2 -3 deep at the interior spots also. I had high hopes for Minor but also tend to discount him as there appears to be an issue there (not my business and I hope the young man well, but not playing for some reason.) So again, yes with the BIG season I want more DT's. Its know cliche but it does start up front on both sides of the ball so having depth on both lines is important.

I understand your standpoint and get all that here is what quick breakdown I can muster together. I’ll just start with incoming/frosh and the names towards the end will be older guys  

Minor most likely won’t be playing another down for the Hoosiers 

DT/NT-

1. Sio Nftomgonaoaksjdjsje (spelling way off haha)

2. Antoine Whitner from my understanding will be like a Stevie Scott, but will most likely end up on the D side of the ball now

3. CJ Person

4. Jonathan King will be more inside guy not DE

5. Gavin McCabe will be inside guy

6. Juan Harris

7. Brandon Wilson 

8. Shamar Jones

9.  Jamar Johnson 

DE/EDGE

1. Jeremy Passmore

2. Beau Robbins

3. James Head

4. Madison Norris

5. Gavin Everett 

6. Michael Ziemba (heard he’s having a great offseason)

7. Alfred Bryant 

8. Tramar Reece 

9. Allen Stallings

these are the names we will see for the future. I also didn’t list walk on guys, and I think there were like 4-5 more guys That fall in that category. 

And out of the list I compiled we lose 2 to graduation......other than that....it’s a bunch of young talent. Ik you always want a nice depth chart for DLine, Getting Juan Harris back will help a lot in terms of experience.

I still only see 2-3 DLine. And that’s just because we will take 4-6 OLine, I expect 1 RB, 1-2 WR, 1 TE, 1 QB, 2-3 DBs, maybe another LB or athlete of such. 

Under The Lights: Ty Wise comes up big in Carmel's overtime win.

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/under-the-lights-ty-wise-comes-up-big-in-carmel-s-overtime-win

Indiana linebacker commit Ty Wise squared off against the top 2021 quarterback in the state, in No. 5 dual-threat quarterback Donaven McCulley in Carmel on Friday night, and the senior did just enough to disrupt the Lawrence North offense and aid his team to a 23-20 overtime win.

For the entire first half of Friday night's game between Carmel and Lawrence North, it appeared Carmel's offense would never keep pace with its defense. Indiana linebacker commit Ty Wise and his teammates were facing the most dynamic quarterback in Indianapolis, in top 2021 Indiana quarterback Donaven McCulley, and while he was finding some success on the ground, he was under pressure for much of the game.

That was thanks in large part to Wise, who was regularly in the backfield and often challenged McCulley laterally so that when the quarterback did rush, he didn't earn too much yardage when Wise was involved.

The Carmel offense did eventually perk up in the second half to win 23-20 in overtime.

"Tonight's a game that I don't know if you can win without him," Carmel head coach John Hebert said about Wise. "He's a great pass rusher. He's great in man coverage, he's great in zone coverage. He's great against the run. And I feel like he's still really early in his development."