Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) LB Ty Wise to IU

https://247sports.com/Article/Carmel-linebacker-Ty-Wise-first-commit-for-Indiana-Hoosiers-2020-recruiting-class-129808185/

"It just seemed perfect," Wise added. "The coaches are amazing, it’s close to home, my sister goes there and I think IU is going to be a top team very soon."

As a junior, the 6-foot-2, 220-pound Wise racked up 56 solos, 38 assisted stops, eight tackles for loss, two sacks and six pass breakups. He ranks as the No. 8 prospect in the state per the 247Sports Composite.

"He's a complete package as far as I'm concerned," Carmel coach John Hebert said. "He's really tough and strong-minded. He's very coachable, in fact he coaches himself. Self-disciplined, just a real tough competitor. He does not want to ever lose anything. The move here, we've been talking and he kept talking about Indiana. I told him he's going to blow up here soon and he doesn't care about that, getting more offers or becoming higher-profile. He knows what he wants and it's pretty consistent with how he is as a competitor. He shows up everyday ready to fight.

"He's really smart. He learns from mistakes. He's really good with his hands. He's physical. He's really good at man coverage. He's probably going to play MIKE (at Indiana), but for us we play a 3-4 outside and he's in man coverage 40 percent of the time and I can't remember a time we were exploited because of one of his mistakes. On top of that he's really physical, a good tackler and can make plays.

"And I don't think we're anywhere close to where he's going to be. He's still filling out. He's over 220 right now. He looks like a different kid. He's gained 15 pounds or so since December and getting strong. His bench press and power clean are going way up."

Wise looks forward to suiting up for head coach Allen and company.

"They are very genuine and just all-around great people," Wise said. "I think them being my first offer helped a lot because I’ve been able to build the relationship for over a year. Coach Allen is a guy I definitely want to play for for the next four years."

Posted (edited)

A very nice start to this recruiting class. Yes, if he can influence his teammate Cole to come along that would be awesome. We really need to land more DT's in this class. Yep, this is very good news!

Edited by VPC