Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) WR Emery Simmons - Decommit

If you can go watch some of his videos he has on Twitter from 7 on 7/ camp drills. The kid attacks the ball at high point which is a skill that’s hard to teach....that’s coming from a former WR. Yes you can do drills and what not but on his game film he does it all the time. The kid has ups and sells out for many jump balls and usually he comes up with it. Great get and his dad is totally on board with the Hoosiers.... this kid and his dad remind me of our newest signee Rodgers and his father...they love CTA and what he’s about and are recruiting players left and right to join this class. 

Wasn’t being sarcastic. Legitimately asking if there are other schools it seems he’s waiting for, or if we think this is gonna stick.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He seems to be really excited about his commitment but you never know when bigger programs come knocking. One thing that I think helps with keeping commitments is the new early signing period.

15 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Wasn’t being sarcastic. Legitimately asking if there are other schools it seems he’s waiting for, or if we think this is gonna stick.

I just answered your question.....didn’t have any smart remark in there....just answered, that I think he will stick by mentioning we held several early verbals last year. He seems very upbeat about it and it’s always nice to have family onboard. Other schools, I’m sure some will come into play but as of right now idk and haven’t seen any named

@dayoungsir35: Top @IndianaFootball 2019 commit @SimmonsDaekwon had a great day @TheOpening regionals in Charlotte. Posted the 6th best rating of the event, while also posting a top 40-time of 4.47. Bloomington it won't be long before the kid from NC comes home. #iufb #IUNIT19 #LEO

I just answered your question.....didn’t have any smart remark in there....just answered, that I think he will stick by mentioning we held several early verbals last year. He seems very upbeat about it and it’s always nice to have family onboard. Other schools, I’m sure some will come into play but as of right now idk and haven’t seen any named

Sorry, I meant, I know we held some commitments last year. I was asking if anyone knows if he is a lean for somewhere else just waiting for an offer. Football recruiting is confusing.

3 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Sorry, I meant, I know we held some commitments last year. I was asking if anyone knows if he is a lean for somewhere else just waiting for an offer. Football recruiting is confusing.

No not as of right now there has been no word on leaning or waiting for offers. But with his Nike rating he just got he will probably be receiving more and more offers. However, I believe he is solid on his word, but then again like you said recruiting is tricky and confusing. Like I mentioned tho...his dad is all for Coach Allen and IU. He quoted his sons tweet and he tweets about IUNIT19 all the time. It’s nice to have the parents excited for the kid. 

No not as of right now there has been no word on leaning or waiting for offers. But with his Nike rating he just got he will probably be receiving more and more offers. However, I believe he is solid on his word, but then again like you said recruiting is tricky and confusing. Like I mentioned tho...his dad is all for Coach Allen and IU. He quoted his sons tweet and he tweets about IUNIT19 all the time. It’s nice to have the parents excited for the kid. 

Nice, thanks for the info!

38 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Looks like he is going to decommit and head to UNC.

That's what I hate about getting verbals in football.  They almost seem meaningless because other schools continue to recruit the kid and we're no different in that regard.  Right now, our class looks fantastic but how many will end up signing an LOI?  

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That's what I hate about getting verbals in football.  They almost seem meaningless because other schools continue to recruit the kid and we're no different in that regard.  Right now, our class looks fantastic but how many will end up signing an LOI?  

Same here. I like following football recruiting but I’m not nearly as invested because of this.

I wish kids could just sign their LOI when they commit. It’s never made sense to me why there has to be signing periods, but I’m sure there’s a reason.