Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Tom Crean to be next Georgia coach / 6 year 3.2 Million annually

Sorry if asked, but didn’t you think this changes anything for Trendon Watford? CWat retweeted the post about Crean getting the job

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Sorry if asked, but didn’t you think this changes anything for Trendon Watford? CWat retweeted the post about Crean getting the job

I've not felt that we are that high on TW's list for quite some time and I don't at all foresee him following Crean to Georgia.  He's going to end up at a basketball school not a football school.

56 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I asked this earlier and it was brushed aside, but I think it is something to think about for one reason. The Watfords made it a point to attend as many of Christian's games as possible, and they drove to just about each one they attended. It's about seven hours each way. While Athens isn't right next door to Birmingham, it is about half the distance as Bloomington. Tuscaloosa is also right next door. Not that proximity has been thrown around as a concern in his recruiting, but it is something to consider if his family is insistent on making as many of his games as possible.

"Gonna get me a shirt..." Good lord. It's like he watched the Indiana presser all those years ago as a brush-up. Hope he finds his happiness, but it looks like the ego that did him in is alive and well. Stopping to drink a Coke....the full Crean experience indeed.

***This is a big aspect of Crean I never liked...the car salesman. For all the interaction the family and I had with him, the car salesman is literally his Mr. Hyde to his much better Dr. Jeykkl.
Used car salesman

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Well...the good part of UGA hiring him (for me anyway) is that no one down here (Atlanta area) really cares and I really should not have to hear about him.  I had sports talk radio on yesterday and the majority of it was dedicated to talking about the Falcons.  

5 hours ago, Myrmidon76 said:

"Gonna get me a shirt..." Good lord. It's like he watched the Indiana presser all those years ago as a brush-up. Hope he finds his happiness, but it looks like the ego that did him in is alive and well. Stopping to drink a Coke....the full Crean experience indeed.

***This is a big aspect of Crean I never liked...the car salesman. For all the interaction the family and I had with him, the car salesman is literally his Mr. Hyde to his much better Dr. Jeykkl.

OMG I just now 'got it' w/the Diet Coke and Dasani lol.  Crean was getting paid for product placement, he11 yeh!  That is probably the one thing I admire most about the man, his ability to get paid.  That is what a man is supposed to do in this world.  Don't hate the man for playin that game well.  Learn from him.  Milk it.  Milk it til it's dry!

After reading some Crean threads on a couple of Georgia boards, I'm starting to feel bad for them.  The roller coaster they're about to ride will give them some serious whiplash, but at least they won't feel like turning their heads to watch his "defense" give up yet another uncontested layup.  

15 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

After reading some Crean threads on a couple of Georgia boards, I'm starting to feel bad for them.  The roller coaster they're about to ride will give them some serious whiplash, but at least they won't feel like turning their heads to watch his "defense" give up yet another uncontested layup.  

Dont feel bad for them. This is a good thing for Georgia basketball. Georgia has made one Elite 8 in their basketball history.

Crean has been able to recruit on a national level and get guys to the NBA. If he can continue to do that at Georgia, then everybody wins.

Dont feel bad for them. This is a good thing for Georgia basketball. Georgia has made one Elite 8 in their basketball history.
Crean has been able to recruit on a national level and get guys to the NBA. If he can continue to do that at Georgia, then everybody wins.
National level to iu. I doubt he does that at Georgia but good luck to him. He is laughing all the way to the bank once again at Dawg nation.

1 hour ago, Bailey7878 said:

National level to iu. I doubt he does that at Georgia but good luck to him. He is laughing all the way to the bank once again at Dawg nation.

should be an interesting enough sideshow, for them, and for us.

16 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

I'll never forget the 1st or 2nd round game in Omaha against Wichita State about 3 years ago. They had about 10 uncontested layups right up the middle. Crean never made any adjustment and lost the game. 

On 3/17/2018 at 12:44 PM, mamasa said:

Crean had never contacted the Watfords about Trendon when he was still at IU. They were kind of upset about that so no I don't think this changes anything. 

Crean had never contacted the Watfords about Trendon when he was still at IU. They were kind of upset about that so no I don't think this changes anything. 
Crean is going to focus on Romeo. Lol.