Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Tom Crean to be next Georgia coach / 6 year 3.2 Million annually

51 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Well, Crean CAN clap well, shuffle papers and talk about "deflections"... plus he's mastered that "deer in the headlights" look... not bad for the supposed "smartest man in the room". 

Crean cannot win without lottery picks on his roster, and even then, his defense is pathetic and his offense underperforms. Maybe UGA will be happy with mediocrity... but for that price, one would hope that they would expect more.

I will be shocked if he survives the term of his initial contract. 

He sucks down Diet Coke with the best of 'em..

What’s i was surprised about Crean at IU was changing his style of play. He referenced it in his introductory press conference at UGA. When he came to IU he had a reputation for having a large playbook. He ditched the playbook at IU and went with a more read and react, dribble drive style. 

What confuses me about that is he was hired bc of his success at Marquette. Why change what got you there. One style got him a promotion and millions. Another style got him fired. He basically was saying how great his style is in his introductory press conference at UGA. Maybe it’s a recruiting effort. I never understood the logic in changing. 

On March 30, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Feathery said:

What’s i was surprised about Crean at IU was changing his style of play. He referenced it in his introductory press conference at UGA. When he came to IU he had a reputation for having a large playbook. He ditched the playbook at IU and went with a more read and react, dribble drive style. 

What confuses me about that is he was hired bc of his success at Marquette. Why change what got you there. One style got him a promotion and millions. Another style got him fired. He basically was saying how great his style is in his introductory press conference at UGA. Maybe it’s a recruiting effort. I never understood the logic in changing. 

You'll drive yourself crazy trying to find logic in the things Tom Crean does. 

On 3/30/2018 at 12:42 PM, Feathery said:

Crean is that office employee who has about a million sticky notes on his desk, has a cell phone in one hand and the desk phone in the other, has about 10 tabs open on his computer and is trying to put something in the trash can with his foot.

Crean is that office employee who has about a million sticky notes on his desk, has a cell phone in one hand and the desk phone in the other, has about 10 tabs open on his computer and is trying to put something in the trash can with his foot.

And that's a result of his boss asking him to draw up plans to defeat a competitor on a zoning project.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Now that will be a train wreck. I envision Gradman showing up to complain about Tom Crean expenditures from 2011 and how he held IU back from a locker room.

Also Dakich threatening to fight anyone who disagrees with him.

35 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Also Dakich threatening to fight anyone who disagrees with him.

I have defended/liked Dakich but, man, he makes it hard sometimes. His criticism for all things IU has worn me out. I'm an old guy and even I realize the "good old days" weren't as good as I remember and the present isn't as bad as I think.

58 minutes ago, patrickmorriso9 said:

IMG_6355.jpg
Not related to crean going to Georgia and I know some of you guys aren’t fond of him but it’s so cool to me to see interactions like this

Still blame Crean for knocking Wade out of his funk that one year against the Pacers. Heat should have give Crean a ring.