Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Tom Crean to be next Georgia coach / 6 year 3.2 Million annually

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

$EC land. The administration there might let him land those questionable recruits he chased and missed at IU.

$EC is loaded with coaches. Quickly becoming a serious conference with their financial dedication and ability to land 5 stars up and down the conference.

Schools like Vandy, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Mississippi State and others landing 5 stars.

Interesting. SEC doesn’t play around and might become the 2nd best conference in basketball VERY soon.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Given Crean's history of mediocre coaching, there's no need to fear Georgia becoming a power basketball school in SEC (or anywhere else)... 

TC: “I don’t know...Pitt offered me unlimited mini waters and Diet Coke...”

Georgia AD: “Tommy, did you know that Athens is sunny 380 days per year, and when it’s not, we have 13 tanning salons within walking distance? You can keep your red watch here.”

TC: “Where do I sign?”

Seriously though, I hope he does well. I’m so glad he’s not here anymore. He can beat UK every year, for all I care.

Given Crean's history of mediocre coaching, there's no need to fear Georgia becoming a power basketball school in SEC (or anywhere else)... 

The same can be said for the majority of the coaches in the SEC. It’s literally a collection of coaches who have historically done the least at their previous destinations with 5*. That is why I spit out my drink in laughter when I saw that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not worried about Crean particular. But the SEC is serious about winning. Pay to win. Eventually those conferences that do will win. Works with football. Will work with basketball too as a whole. Now, obviously, some will win more than others because there is no other way. Someone in the conference has to lose.

Just noting the trend that the SEC is dedicated to basketball lately and paying top dollar. Auburn is a 4 seed this year in the tournament, as an example of unexpected success. Other teams loading talent at a faster rate than most conferences.

My comments are more about the SEC than Crean.

Fox was 160-130 at Georgia and 18-15 this season. They aren’t trying to just be a football school. The pressure to win will be there more than you guys think.

$EC land. The administration there might let him land those questionable recruits he chased and missed at IU.

$EC is loaded with coaches. Quickly becoming a serious conference with their financial dedication and ability to land 5 stars up and down the conference.

Schools like Vandy, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Mississippi State and others landing 5 stars.

Interesting. SEC doesn’t play around and might become the 2nd best conference in basketball VERY soon.

It's amazing that the $EC commissioner said "let's be good at basketball" and they landed a bunch of great classes. Alabama, Auburn, kentucky, LSU, Clemson, Vandy, and a few others are shady at best. It'll be interesting to see if Crean is willing to deal.

Glad he landed somewhere. Best of luck to him.

It's amazing that the $EC commissioner said "let's be good at basketball" and they landed a bunch of great classes. Alabama, Auburn, kentucky, LSU, Clemson, Vandy, and a few others are shady at best. It'll be interesting to see if Crean is willing to deal.

Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee

Clemson is ACC though, but yeah. Almost the entire conference is recruiting well right now.

Tennessee under Barnes has landed 1 4-star recruit and 9 3-stars. I don't think you can lump them in with questionable recruiting schools.

Sent from my SM-G920P using BtownBanners mobile app

Agree for now. Barnes at Texas was in the dark gray recruiting. But yeah, the recruiting results so far at Tennessee don’t cry foul.