Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TomPritchard25

Is it possible?

Is it possible that the high flying Hoosirs could be wore down? Lets face it, they're very limited on getting subbed in and out. I very we'll could be wrong, but Mo Creek, Elston, and Remy play what 8-10 minutes a game?

The other 6 are 32+ at fast pace, against some pretty B1G teams. ( Nix, Mbawka or whatever his name is, ) just some physical teams really. But, is it possible that they could just be wore down right now? For example, Cody does great in the first half, but never shows up in the second half hardly. Vic is out a lot lately, and seems like they've lost their spark and enthusiasm to be there. Kind of dead, or emotionless? Maybe losing early in the B1G would be better for Banner 13 chances? I think they may just need a rest to regain some of their Mojo, excitement, and to be back up to 100% giving that fast paced effort on other teams fully.

No. They are 18-22 year old kids in amazing shape. At twice their age, I can still go for 40 minutes. Man... twice their age. I'm going to go find the bottom of a bourbon glass.

I really just think that the team got a little complacent after the MSU game, since then, we don't have that enthusiasm or spark as you alluded to above. That is really the last solid game they've had. But this team has shown that they are great at bouncing back after a loss. Everyone on here and twitter are saying Ohh the season is over because we've lost 2 of 3, talk about being negative fans. Look at the positive, I feel Crean is going to get on these guys in the practices leading up to the UM game this Sunday and I think C-wat, Jordy, and Derek and all going to play the rest of this year with some anger inside them after losing on their senior night. I see this team bouncing back

i think i agree they look really tired.  They look nothing like that team that could beat anybody on any day.  Which has me worried. But i know CTC will get them back where they need to be to make a run a t banner 6. I really think the senior night loss was a wake up call for the seniors and the rest of the team.  So i feel confident we will pull off the win on sat day and go on a huge run to the finals.  GO HOOSIERS

Seems to me Crean is using our starting 5 similar to upper-level NBA teams recently...........everyone gets a blow but not much more unless in foul trouble. This has stunted growth of Hollowell in my opinion, as he was utilized frequently in early conference play but used sparringly since.....Elston does not seem to have the energy of years past.........Creek is trying his all, ? doesn't have anymore to give. Remy defensively is OK, his offense has regressed. Hanner is nonexistant..........And Sheehey hasn't done much since being penalized for his robust enthusiasm...

Solution:  Emphasize energy on the court........especially from reserves.......if the reserves are only going to play 10 minutes or so, they'd better play with some Charlie Hustle!!!!!

IU has probably been complacent since the Michigan State game, granted the Ohio State loss certainly hurt.

The Minnesota game was just bad timing, as they got outworked. 

Not predicting the Hoosiers to do well in the B1G Tournament, however I am absolutely certain Coach Crean will have these boys ready to play in March.

They always seem to slide as of late, and if we had been ranked lower during this slide, I doubt it would be as big of a deal as we ( as well as the media) have said it to be.

However, fatigue will be an issue moving forward. Bench players will be key!

Hard to tell really. I think crean's substitutions have been different over the last couple of games. It appears to me that he is going deeper on the bench to not overwork our main guys. I want the Big Ten Title outright just as much as the next guy, but if we end up not getting sole ownership, and end up winning the big dance, I doubt anyone will remember we tied amongst the top.

It's Banner or Bust my friends.